MC fatality in Findlay

SAMBUSA

From The Courier

Findlay man dies after accidentA Findlay man died this afternoon after being involved in an accident in the 2000 block of North Blanchard Street, according to the Findlay Police Department.William A. Buis, 48, was pronounced dead at Blanchard Valley Hospital at 1:05 p.m. today.According the police report, Buis was riding a motorcycle south on North Blanchard Street when Morgan Ann Depuy, 19, of Findlay, who was driving north, attempted to make a left turn onto Sterling Hill Drive, pulling into his path. The accident happened at 12:35 p.m.No citations have been issued, and the accident remains under investigation.

RIP fellow rider...

I had a lady do the same damn thing to me today in Vandalia. I slammed on my brakes and aimed for the curb just to avoid her. Luckily she realized her mistake and stopped just short so I could squeeze between her and the curb.

Sad to hear. :(

This happened outside of my moms house, kinda shocking. Officer said he probably would have made it if he had been wearing a helmet.

Hate to stereotype but when I saw his age I assumed that he was on a cruiser with no gear. ATGATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP I hate how negligent people in cars are. I cant count the number of times I have had a car completely turn into a lane while im in it... Luckily we have the agility and speed to get out of it most of the time and the fact that I can usually fit in a lane with a car is also nice but it gets really annoying... Motorcyclists get the bad rep for others mistakes, its a shame really!

RIP fellow rider...

I had a lady do the same damn thing to me today in Vandalia. I slammed on my brakes and aimed for the curb just to avoid her. Luckily she realized her mistake and stopped just short so I could squeeze between her and the curb.

Yea, it took me a second. I wondered why you were coming over so quick and I realized that chick was not stopping. Then she was throwing dirty looks. Grrr. RIP rider.

• 3 weeks later...

That is so frustrating that such a common mistake is happening like that. Its unfortunate that he had to pay for her mistake with his life, but my only hope for her is that she chooses to make an influence on others for not being such an idiot while driving

Truly unfortunate and sad. No excuse for her turning left in front of him. None. But too bad he decided to ride sans helmet, especially if it's true that it could have been the difference between the morgue and the ER. Prepare for the crash, not the ride.

Thoughts and prayers for the family.