Yamaha R6 finished powdercoating

aradamro

I sold my other R6 about a month ago and picked up basically the same bike, just in a little nicer condition. I finished up powdercoating my rearsets, levers, passenger pegs and rear sprocket. I also heat wrapped the mid-pipe. It turned out pretty good. It was fun to ride a 600 again, after being on the pig for so long (no offense to the pig...always my #1 love.)

100_2826.jpg

100_2818.jpg

100_2842.jpg

100_2841.jpg

100_2832.jpg

100_2833.jpg

100_2834.jpg

Haha yup I'm not a fan of the weave either, I like the twill weave on the fender and clutch cover of my RC. I'm thinking about getting a high mount hindle (as I found one for a great price) and getting the headers to make a full exhaust (if I end up keeping it.) It came with the bike so that's what I'm working with right now. I have stainless brake lines and 50T sprocket on the way. Probably gonna drop a tooth in the front too. I've got it for sale already though. I'm always buying and selling bikes....I guess it's a habit.

Benyen...yes I did the powdercoating myself.

Looks good man!, Great job on the PC!

Thanks, not quite the quality of your PC'ing from the look of MattKatz pics....those Marchesini's look awesome. Any and all advice regarding powder coating would be appreciated. I love tips and hints to make anything I do better. I really just started and have been reading as much as I can and frequenting different powder coating forums.

Wow, the R6 feels so different from the RC. I love the RC but the R6 is a mean little bike too. I figured the dark wrap would look pretty good because the mid-pipe was polished and looked out of place with the rest of the black parts. I feel like the wheels should be powdercoated too, maybe a deep red transparent to match the red R6 decal on the side fairing or red spokes with a black lip. Link to color.....

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_28&products_id=357

Any imput regarding the wheel color would be appreciated too. Thanks for the comments and compliments... I'll post up some pictures of my buddies R1. We did the wheels in 95% mirror white...they look awesome.

Nice work. Ditch those reflectors and it will be complete

Ahahaha, I keep those on because it pisses off my buddy I always ride with. I usually take them off right away, but since he hates it I'm going to keep them on for a little while.

Just a thought. but i think black ceramic PC on that mid pipe would be awesome.

And a very good one at that....I just had some extra heat wrap laying around so I threw it on, but had mentioned to my buddy that the mid-pipe might look pretty sweet black too.