TPMS question

BigOxley

Got some summer wheels for my Mazda DD.

Can I get a set of used TPMS sensors from ebay and throw them on the wheels as long as they're 315mhz? There are several sensors for sale for $70-$80 for a set. New are like $150-200.

For those of you that like pictures:

these wheels

miata%2520wheels.JPG

on this car

photo.jpg

I'm sure you could if they are the right frequency, but I wouldn't. With all the trouble of mounting and dismounting I would want to use some I knew were going to have good batteries and last as long as possible.

As long as the sensor is correct for the vehicle and is in good condition you can program any sensor that meets that criteria.

I'm sure you could if they are the right frequency, but I wouldn't. With all the trouble of mounting and dismounting I would want to use some I knew were going to have good batteries and last as long as possible.

As long as the sensor is correct for the vehicle and is in good condition you can program any sensor that meets that criteria.

tire shops do programing?

Stick with the OEM ones. I had an aftermarket one installed in my Yota and NTB could not get it to sync up. Finally took it over to Toyota and they installed a yota one and it fixed it.

Like the new rims too.

Edited by Second Gen
Addition

The aftermarket one in one of my Tbss wheels reads higher and lower than the rest depending on the ambient temp and tire temp. It reads about 2psi low at ambient and 2-3psi high when up to driving temp. All of the oem sensors stay consistent.