Wi-fi xbox 360 question

Chief8one

For the next three months due to my traveling job I will be staying in an extended stay hotel room. I brought my 360 with me to kill time between work. Tonight I went out and bought the Wi-Fi attachment for it. For some reason the device does register the Wi-Fi here, but then says it can not connect.

When you do use the internet here with your PC it takes you to a website where you have to enter a password and your personal first and last name. It then states only one device can be used at one under your name. I logged my PC off and tried it several times.

I have a feeling I just wasted sixty bucks.

Has anyone ever used a Wi-Fi 360 in a hotel and how can I get it to work?

Thanks in advance.

I thought about running an ethernet cable from my laptop to the x box. I tried it, but I'm pretty sure I am not doing it right. My laptop is brand new and I'm currently trying to learn how to use windows 8. Any help would be appreciated. Ill look into the xbox site as well.

This should do the trick...

http://www.360tuneup.com/guides/hotel.asp

This works great. I use my work BB to connect to the hotel Wifi and agree to their terms. Then I spoof that MAC address onto the xbox 360. Works like a charm..... EXCEPT that 90% of the time hotel internets are too slow/congested to be useful with Live.

Is there a broadband outlet anywhere in the room? Might get a better connection that way anyways.

You still have to agree to the hotel terms, which is the problem. The Xbox IE is pathetic, and won't even launch if you're not connected to Live.

This works great. I use my work BB to connect to the hotel Wifi and agree to their terms. Then I spoof that MAC address onto the xbox 360. Works like a charm..... EXCEPT that 90% of the time hotel internets are too slow/congested to be useful with Live.

Yeah, user Spankis on here took his Xbox with him to a training thing in Phoenix a couple years ago and it took a while to figure out how to set it up then it was pretty much unplayable for him. When he had to go there again a year later he didn't bother taking his Xbox.

Have another friend who just got a job where he'll be traveling a lot and he's been looking into how to bring his Xbox with him to play and I've told him it'll probably be pretty rough trying to play on Xbox Live and probably almost impossible to stream HQ from Netflix or Hulu.

Yeah, user Spankis on here took his Xbox with him to a training thing in Phoenix a couple years ago and it took a while to figure out how to set it up then it was pretty much unplayable for him. When he had to go there again a year later he didn't bother taking his Xbox.

I concur with this. Modern Warfare was a failure with the Marriot's connection.

Netflix worked fine though :). I'm sure it varies a lot from hotel to hotel.

I've also stayed at a hotel that had firmware/software loaded to disable connecting any external device to the TV through component/hdmi/rca inputs. It only displayed television through the coax jack, and required a separate cable box-like device and remote to operate that. It was quite a bummer.

You going to be out near AZ at all?? If so you better get a hold of me so we can get together.

Actually, I was going to hit you up and see if I got a job placed out in AZ if you would want to split rent for the time I was out there. This job came up way too fast, they called me last wed. and wanted me in Connecticut the following Monday. Message me your phone number some time.

I had no idea how high prices are around here. If I would have known I would have asked for A LOT more money.

P.s. FYI to everyone ever traveling to Connecticut, YOU CAN NOT BUY BEER AFTER 9 P.M.

Total mind melt.

Actually, I was going to hit you up and see if I got a job placed out in AZ if you would want to split rent for the time I was out there. This job came up way too fast, they called me last wed. and wanted me in Connecticut the following Monday. Message me your phone number some time.

I had no idea how high prices are around here. If I would have known I would have asked for A LOT more money.

P.s. FYI to everyone ever traveling to Connecticut, YOU CAN NOT BUY BEER AFTER 9 P.M.

Total mind melt.

That sux, if you end up out this way be sure to let me know as I'd be up for that if I'm not locked into anything which I'm not right now. PM incoming.