Opinions on Passat wheel?

zeitgeist57

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/18x8-TSW-Spa-Black-Wheel-Rim-s-5x112-5-112-18-8-/00/s/NzAwWDcwMA==/$(KGrHqN,!rMFDIHBOKI4BQ7EGSIj+Q~~60_12.JPG

I need a new set of tires for the Passat. However, the chinese 18"s I got from eBay more than 5yrs/60k miles ago are really corroded, some road rash and the black paint is starting to peel. Since I plan on keeping the Passat for at least another few years - even if I get another "fun" car - I was looking at name brand replacement wheels. Opinions are welcome...

Passat is dark blue/gray, with blacked-out windows, headlights, etc...

I'd roll on messed up wheels in a boring daily driver giving zero fucks since Columbus roads get bukakked with salt at the sight of one single snowflake.. or at least keep the old ones for the rest of Winter and buy a second set in March. Post a pic of the Passat though, last time I saw it I my mind was quickly erased at old bag of nails.

I'd roll on messed up wheels in a boring daily driver giving zero fucks since Columbus roads get bukakked with salt at the sight of one single snowflake.. or at least keep the old ones for the rest of Winter and buy a second set in March. Post a pic of the Passat though, last time I saw it I my mind was quickly erased at old bag of nails.

Agreed. I thought a pothole on Cleveland Ave was going to swallow my car yesterday. Would have been a bent rim for sure if I was running low profiles. Hell, may have still been but no fucks given for the neon, wouldn't notice a new vibration anyway.

That TSW will look nice. The newest one is made using rotary forging called Panorama. Please look at the machined/silver finish, black wheels were cool 10-12 years ago; nowadays they are passe. Edited by POS VETT

FWIW, I made this post last night after trying to rekindle my love for a 155k-mile Passat that leaks oil and coolant, and will need tires now in addition to brakes/timing belt/clutch in the next couple of years.

Slept on it and this morning's thought process is much clearer than yesterdays. No aftermarket rims needed. :cool: