RX7 people

Second Gen

Was looking at my Auto Weekly yesterday and found an article on a guy who purchased a 1994 RX 10 years ago. I know a few on CR would enjoy so I thought I would post up the link.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110520/CARNEWS/110529994

Typical kid drooling over a RX7 then purchasing one later..

The FD is by far the most enjoyable sports car I have ever owned. Thanks for posting.

I respect those who swap. What I respect more, are those who can not harp on it and simply enjoy the car. You Sir, I feel are doing well at this. I hope to see you car sometime.

I respect those who swap. What I respect more, are those who can not harp on it and simply enjoy the car. You Sir, I feel are doing well at this. I hope to see you car sometime.

I'm with you. I respect rotary cars and how they drive (I drove an 87 s4 na for 6 months), but I just prefer pistons in an rx7. I do love the balance these cars have (fc cars anyhow). The rx7 purists annoy me with all the arguments they make, but the fact is, the maintenance required on a rotary motor isn't for everyone.

Thanks, I've noticed that rotary owners have more knowledge about their cars than the majority of other enthusiasts. We have an RX-7 owner here in Houston that has owned his since 1992, daily drove it until 2003, and still tunes it and takes it out to meets on a regular basis.

Thanks, I've noticed that rotary owners have more knowledge about their cars than the majority of other enthusiasts. We have an RX-7 owner here in Houston that has owned his since 1992, daily drove it until 2003, and still tunes it and takes it out to meets on a regular basis.

That's awesome. Texas has a strong FD crowd. Ari, runs rotary reserection/resolution (can't remember exactly) there in texas, he's a guru on anything RX7. He is very well known in that work and a great guy to talk to. You are lucky to have him in the same state.

If you're talking about Chuck Westbrook he's the person who has pushed proper tuning of the Apexi PFC farther than anyone in the US

As for swaps I have no issue with it as long as you don't come around telling me how shitty my rotary is because that's just as close minded as people who immediately write off the swap. The swap has many benefits but for my planned useage it didnt make enough sense to do. Maybe someday it will but likely ill stay rotary as long as i own the car.

If you're talking about Chuck Westbrook he's the person who has pushed proper tuning of the Apexi PFC farther than anyone in the US.

Yes! Chuck is such a cool RX-7 owner, very experienced and a little bit crazy lol. Since joining the RX-7 community here in Houston I've realized that he is responsible for keeping a good amount of the FD's down here on the road. The cool thing is he does it for the love of the cars. Actually, here's a shot of the mad scientist at work from the other day.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa450/restore34/7meet036copy_zps53a4f410.jpg

And as long as this is an RX-7 thread, here's an article that a local blog did on our cars with tons of nice pics (Chucks car is the dark gray one).

http://propergarage.com/press/?p=1873

Yes! Chuck is such a cool RX-7 owner, very experienced and a little bit crazy lol. Since joining the RX-7 community here in Houston I've realized that he is responsible for keeping a good amount of the FD's down here on the road. The cool thing is he does it for the love of the cars.

This is the type of rotary owner who I have the most respect for. A true enthusiast is rare.