95 olds coolant leak help.

pontiacfreak142

the car is a 95 olds 88, 3800 series 2.

it has had a slow leak for some time, but i was sitting in a parking lot 2 days ago and heard some weird noise over my radio. by time i turned it down, the noise stopped, but when i got to work i checked under the hood to see that i had lost a decent amount of coolant out of the overflow bottle.

just hooked up a pressure tester to it, it bleeding off fairly quick, but nothing leaking out that i can see, although that side of the block is fairly wet from when it evidently has leaked/been leaking. my guess is water pump because its all over that side (like it had been slung around). also from time to time, there is a weird noise coming from that side. hard to explain, but it kinda sounds like bearings grinding, but its not constant.

Intake manifold gasket? I know those are notorious.

Does that have the coolant ran through the belt tensioner? Those also had big issues.

This, little plastic coolant tubes under the alternater bracket are the most common, could very well be the water pump also. Let me know if you need help.

This, little plastic coolant tubes under the alternater bracket are the most common, could very well be the water pump also. Let me know if you need help.

The little plastic elbow was the first thing i looked at when i pumped it up, but nothing from it either. Im debating on just replacing them both though just to be (hopefully) done with it. Its only like 40 bucks for both from advance and both are easy to do, but any other possibilities that cause a good loss, then practically nothing?

The little plastic elbow was the first thing i looked at when i pumped it up, but nothing from it either. Im debating on just replacing them both though just to be (hopefully) done with it. Its only like 40 bucks for both from advance and both are easy to do, but any other possibilities that cause a good loss, then practically nothing?

Anything is possible with an older one, I'm trying to picture the front of the engine because I think the front cover can leak coolant as well. Keep in mind there are 2 of those little plastic tubes, the lower one is harder to see.

That one should have the coil packs right on the front

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/95-04-Chevy-Pontiac-Olds-Buick-3800-/02/!B3cdrngEWk~$(KGrHqF,!i8E)sJqKiN-BMmPcYhY)Q~~_35.JPG

I know what the engine looks like, just trying to picture if its the front cover I've resealed a few of for coolant leaks, I think it is.

That one should have the coil packs right on the front

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/95-04-Chevy-Pontiac-Olds-Buick-3800-/02/!B3cdrngEWk~$(KGrHqF,!i8E)sJqKiN-BMmPcYhY)Q~~_35.JPG

I know what the engine looks like, just trying to picture if its the front cover I've resealed a few of for coolant leaks, I think it is.

got one of these in the shop right now with a problem, its a 2003 Buick, it does have a coolant leak on the right side of the engine but the main issue is with the drive belt tensioner, it locked up throwing the belt, ordered a new part from GM, it comes with the 2 plastic water passage pipes and the drive belt tensioner assembly does have a coolant passage.....dumb

got one of these in the shop right now with a problem, its a 2003 Buick, it does have a coolant leak on the right side of the engine but the main issue is with the drive belt tensioner, it locked up throwing the belt, ordered a new part from GM, it comes with the 2 plastic water passage pipes and the drive belt tensioner assembly does have a coolant passage.....dumb

Thats odd, ive never seen it before lol. Any idea if the pulley made any on/off bearing noise before locking?