CCW friendly restaurant?

mrs.cos

Many are. Some chains are different from one location to the other. If you don't have a sign right out for me to see, I'm not going to ask around for your ok. If I decide to have a drink, I go out to the car and lock it up. I have carried in about every place I go.

What I wish was that I could provide a list of where I have gone and not done business because they have a sign up. I just haven't run into it much.

Looking for the state link of known places you can't carry. I'll see if I can fink it and post it here.

I think you will find you can go into most places. Really besides government buildings, churches, other obvious places like that there are very few places I have found I haven't been able to carry. Most businesses realized pretty quick that the amount of CHL holders not coming to their place of business CAN impact their revenues.

I read a thread recently on OR about a BW3's that put up a no weapons allowed sign. The sign with a hand gun and and line through it. I don't get out all that much, and I can't say I have seen a sign like this at a restrant.

Here's why I will always go out and put it in the car if I decide to have a drink. One, it's the law. Hands down, that's what you have to do. Two, let's say you have just one drink with your our girl, and you don't feel like going out and putting the gun in the car. While you're leaving some meat head shoulder checks the shit out of your girl. He's just not paying attention and has had a bit to drink. You tell him to watch it and he wants to mess you up now. Cops will be called and you are in a fight. You are carrying and have drank. You're done. It can happen that quickly. There are a ton of, you should have done........... My point being, do the right thing, or don't carry. Which might be the right thing. I'd rather take a few punches to the face, than deal with that legal situation.

I do not carry in a business that has a sign posted. I guess some are not worried about the consequences of their action.

Some places that have posted no guns, OFCC, will write them a letter stating how many customers they will loose until they take the sign down.

Other places that have changed And took the sign down, OFCC tally how much revenue CHL owners spend there.

I refuse to spend money at businesses that are very open with their pro-crime attitude. Say Bdubs. Enumerated excluded, I more often, simply don't see signs, because I'm not looking, and no one will know unless I'm in a much worse off situation than "sign no payer attention to guy".

Not giving advice, my advice is to obey the law to the best of your ability. Also, with any CPZs you find, send them the letter that OHCCW has conveniently ready to go. Sometimes those places get those stickers sent to them, and assume they have to have them up. Never engage businesses without signage.

Many are. Some chains are different from one location to the other. If you don't have a sign right out for me to see, I'm not going to ask around for your ok. If I decide to have a drink, I go out to the car and lock it up. I have carried in about every place I go.

What I wish was that I could provide a list of where I have gone and not done business because they have a sign up. I just haven't run into it much.

Looking for the state link of known places you can't carry. I'll see if I can fink it and post it here.

I thought you couldn't carry in any establishment that served alcohol? I know there was a lot of progress made on allowing CHL as long as alcohol isn't consumed, but I don't know if/when that went into effect. Bravo if it did, a rare example of common sense legislature.

Does Roosters have any signs up? Bdubs sucks anyways.

If I don't plan on having a beer theres a 99% chance I'm carrying into any restaurant and what signs are you talking about Ive never seen any.

This attitude bothers me. Just as it is your right to carry and not do business where you see fit, it is a business's right to not allow you to carry in their store.

If you want your rights to be respected, you should respect theirs and take your business elsewhere.

I thought you couldn't carry in any establishment that served alcohol? I know there was a lot of progress made on allowing CHL as long as alcohol isn't consumed, but I don't know if/when that went into effect. Bravo if it did, a rare example of common sense legislature.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/09/30/carry-fear-silenced.html

Senate Bill 239, passed by the General Assembly and signed into law by Gov. John Kasich last year, took effect on Sept. 30, 2011. It allows Ohioans with concealed-carry gun permits to bring their firearms into establishments that serve alcohol — as long as they are not themselves drinking and the facility doesn’t forbid firearms.

Since September 2011. http://com.ohio.gov/liqr/docs/liqr_CCWLaw.pdf

This attitude bothers me. Just as it is your right to carry and not do business where you see fit, it is a business's right to not allow you to carry in their store.

If you want your rights to be respected, you should respect theirs and take your business elsewhere.

I agree. It's people who don't follow the rules that make us all look bad.