Anyone have more power on ar15.com v. got fucked

Ramsey

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is your man:

(only pic i could find)

http://m3.licdn.com/mpr/pub/image-9NvBb_9Z0zNzO2DUH2iHSXLoBVkhvRXGKZpKFWpPBoi2vZbb9NvKFPNZByFTBpKGqYY6/john-palmer.jpg

He is the Sr. Product Manager at GE Transportation

2901 East Lake Road

Erie, PA 16531

(814) 875-2234

His residence

4011 Greenway Dr

Erie, PA 16506-4061

Home (814) 833-6908

neither of these addresses are the listed return address on the box.

please explain. Are you saying that i need to file a dispute with paypal before trying a chargeback? How long does that take? How long do i have to do a charge back?

Basically, you file the paypal claim and hope they can pull money from the seller and return it to you. If they decline and you file a charge back against Paypal with your CC company, Paypal will close your account with a negative balance and report you to collections.

Basically, if you value your credit, don't do a CC chargeback against paypal if they side with the seller. I'd file a "Significantly not as described" dispute with paypal and immediately escalate it to a claim ASAP. You are in a tough spot, however, since you have to show proof (link to thread etc) of what you bought and Paypal is notoriously anti-gun.

Basically, you file the paypal claim and hope they can pull money from the seller and return it to you. If they decline and you file a charge back against Paypal with your CC company, Paypal will close your account with a negative balance and report you to collections.

Basically, if you value your credit, don't do a CC chargeback against paypal if they side with the seller. I'd file a "Significantly not as described" dispute with paypal and immediately escalate it to a claim ASAP. You are in a tough spot, however, since you have to show proof (link to thread etc) of what you bought and Paypal is notoriously anti-gun.

Paypal can send you to collections, but it usually won't affect your credit. If your credit card sides with you, Paypal has no grounds to stand on. They will send you to collections and even if that gets reported to the credit bureau, it can be easily disputed since paypal only have your name and address, plus you have your credit card dispute as evidence that you do no owe paypal any money.

I don't know how it works if you gave paypal your SSN.

Keep in mind that you are allowed to purchase gun magazines with PayPal. Anything that is allowed on eBay is allowed on PayPal since they are the same company. They don't need to know the magazine capacity. :)

Did you pay for insurance on the package? If so, the seller needs to start pursuing that route(file a claim with the shipper) since the mags he shipped were stolen in route.

You should be working through PayPal at the same time in case the seller was not honest (unlikely from a guy with 60+ feedbacks and 720 post count on the forum). If you get your money back through PayPal from the seller, the seller will be forced to get his money through the insurance that you paid for.

If you didn't pay for insurance...shame on you.

Keep in mind that you are allowed to purchase gun magazines with PayPal. Anything that is allowed on eBay is allowed on PayPal since they are the same company. They don't need to know the magazine capacity. :)

Did you pay for insurance on the package? If so, the seller needs to start pursuing that route(file a claim with the shipper) since the mags he shipped were stolen in route.

You should be working through PayPal at the same time in case the seller was not honest (unlikely from a guy with 60+ feedbacks and 720 post count on the forum). If you get your money back through PayPal from the seller, the seller will be forced to get his money through the insurance that you paid for.

If you didn't pay for insurance...shame on you.

I paid an extra 5 for insurance and 4% to cover pp fees. I was told fedex (by local fedex agent today) they do not sell insurance just collect stated value. He told me he put down 400$.

I paid an extra 5 for insurance and 4% to cover pp fees. I was told fedex (by local fedex agent today) they do not sell insurance just collect stated value. He told me he put down 400$.

I always ship my items insured even if the buyer doesn't want it. Ultimately, it goes back on the seller if the the package doesn't get to the buyer or gets damaged in shipping.

• Confused 1

I always ship my items insured even if the buyer doesn't want it. Ultimately, it goes back on the seller if the the package doesn't get to the buyer or gets damaged in shipping.

This is what i thought. I always ship insured. I would have to think if i was trying to rip the guy off i wouldnt have used anti-gun paypal. Especially on a site that wants to use certified check or money order.

Paypal can send you to collections, but it usually won't affect your credit. If your credit card sides with you, Paypal has no grounds to stand on. They will send you to collections and even if that gets reported to the credit bureau, it can be easily disputed since paypal only have your name and address, plus you have your credit card dispute as evidence that you do no owe paypal any money.

It has less to do with the "right or wrong" of it, and more to do with the hassle of getting it off your report. I've known a few that had to deal with the hassles. You get it taken off, they get it back on, etc. Read their TOS for more info. You are basically agreeing to be bent over by them.

I think you will probably get your money back from FedEx. Sounds like the seller just needs to file the claim. It will probably take a while, though, but at least the seller is responding. Doesn't seem like he's trying to rip you off.

Good luck!

If he actually insured it for $400 he should be able to walk into the shipping center and start an insurance claim.

I would get the contact information of the shipping hub and speak with them directly so you can monitor the progress. Have the seller provide the FedEx claim number to you after he starts it.

Leave the bottles and box untouched in case anyone wants to see it.

Sounds to me like he shipped the bottles, it would take a lot of magazines to weigh 7 pounds??

Never trust someone with an AOL email.

Ramsey, any updates?

not really, im trying to answer every question on ar15. i joined this month and had like 2 post before this went down. i dont look good over there. Someone has done to web research on me and it seemed like i checked out. They also wanted the pic data and it matched. I gave them all my usernames to check-out. I have a decent online history of 100% good deals.

I think you will probably get your money back from FedEx. Sounds like the seller just needs to file the claim. It will probably take a while, though, but at least the seller is responding. Doesn't seem like he's trying to rip you off.

Good luck!

he only stated the value at 400 which he has to prove, and fedex only insures if the package doesnt make it to the destination.

This. They sent me to collections. I told them to validate the debt and sent them a cease and desist. Never showed up on my credit and I never heard from them again. I am banned from PayPal though.

This. They sent me to collections. I told them to validate the debt and sent them a cease and desist. Never showed up on my credit and I never heard from them again. I am banned from PayPal though.

more info on this process so i can pass it on?

Hmmm... wonder what substances are readily available at most FedEx hubs...maybe road salt this time of year! Workers decide to check out some packages and then substitute their empty beverage containers filled up with the road salt sitting in the corner...

who knows.