Anyone have more power on ar15.com v. got fucked

Ramsey

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has less to do with the "right or wrong" of it, and more to do with the hassle of getting it off your report. I've known a few that had to deal with the hassles. You get it taken off, they get it back on, etc. Read their TOS for more info. You are basically agreeing to be bent over by them.

They can't, the credit bureau won't let them. Once a dispute is filed and they find it in your favor. They can't put it back on the credit report.

I doubt a police report will do much. It's across state lines, and it is not even $500 worth. Guys on AR15.com were talking about dusting for fingerprints and soil samples... police aren't going to waste their time doing that, sorry to say. As others pointed out, there is no Federal protection since it was sent via private shipping. You can file a report but I suspect it'll be forgotten about come lunch time.

I'm leaning towards the seller being nefarious in this case. That or someone at FedEx went through a lot of trouble to repackage it. I noted in the pictures that there are extra strips of cardboard at the top and bottom of the bottles, as protection for them to not poke through the sides.

I doubt a police report will do much. It's across state lines, and it is not even $500 worth. Guys on AR15.com were talking about dusting for fingerprints and soil samples... police aren't going to waste their time doing that, sorry to say. As others pointed out, there is no Federal protection since it was sent via private shipping. You can file a report but I suspect it'll be forgotten about come lunch time.

I'm leaning towards the seller being nefarious in this case. That or someone at FedEx went through a lot of trouble to repackage it. I noted in the pictures that there are extra strips of cardboard at the top and bottom of the bottles, as protection for them to not poke through the sides.

Some of those guys on there were thinking csi Miami was going to come out. I'm pretty sure the seller saw my join date and knew he would win a forum debacle. He also knew paypal or FedEx wouldn't help me. He told me originally it was going to be shipped usps or ups. Even have a label on it like he was going to send it usps. But with what seems like a fake return address.

Yes. He also never sent a tracking number correct?

Correct, i have the tracking number now. Due to having the package. He shipped like a week after payment. I emailed him enough to stay on top of it but not bothersome. He knows he fucked me.

Here is what you do.

First file your FedEx claim with his emails as "evidence" that he sent it.

Next file a complaint with the Ohio AG and the AG of the state he lives in. Our consumer protection dept at the AG's office is actually really good and will pursue anything over $1. Tell the AG that your only reasonable outcome is for the seller to give you the money back and he can fight with FedEx.

Next file a claim with PayPal

Also call Chase and have them flag the transaction as potential fraud.

When he has 2 state AG offices calling him, FedEx investigating it, PayPal investigating it, he will most likely cave.

Here is what you do.

Next file a complaint with the Ohio AG and the AG of the state he lives in. Our consumer protection dept at the AG's office is actually really good and will pursue anything over $1. Tell the AG that your only reasonable outcome is for the seller to give you the money back and he can fight with FedEx.

When he has 2 state AG offices calling him, FedEx investigating it, PayPal investigating it, he will most likely cave.

Winning

What a douchebag mod in EE

Consider this your warning.

This thread is beginning to interfere with the operation of the site, and it stops now.

I guess Ar15.com protects posters who commit fraud. Yeah, I said it. There is a reason I stopped posting on that site about 5 years ago, it's 99% wannabe operator douchebags

Here is what you do.

It's going to be a busy couple of days for me.

I pm'd the mod letting him know I'm ready to take the next step. Both the mod and seller have logged in since.