Anyone have more power on ar15.com v. got fucked

Ramsey

Call UPS, tell them your package was tempered with and what ever you ordered was not in there. They will come pick it up inspect the package and send it back to the seller. You put insurance on it the seller should refund the money, file a complaint with paypal and your CC company. You will get your money back but that tracking number has to show that it was refused and sent back to the seller. That is your best chance of getting your money.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't rule out that UPS could have done it. Buddy had a gun shipped out for work and waited at home tracking it to come in. They showed that they delivered it during the day while he was home and they never did. He tracked it down and found out they tried to drop it off at a complex in a bad area. People are shady probably saw what it was took it and put bottles in it then delivered it to you.

Compare weight of rocks to real weight of mags according to packing slip. If some guy at ups swapped out your mags for rocks on the truck, its unlikely he would get the weight right again. If weight of rocks matches weight on slip from ups pickup, then I'd put the full blame on the seller.

Compare weight of rocks to real weight of mags according to packing slip. If some guy at ups swapped out your mags for rocks on the truck, its unlikely he would get the weight right again. If weight of rocks matches weight on slip from ups pickup, then I'd put the full blame on the seller.

BINGO.

* If you lose a Paypal dispute and file a charge-back with Chase, you'll be banned from PayPal for life.

I can't even use my CC at vendors who process with PayPal for this reason.

Same here

have you weighed them yet?

This is outrageous. I had an instance on AR15 where the seller shipped my Eotech with no insurance and then it got lost (go figure) with USPS. I PM'd every single Admin and moderator on AR15.com and they had me make a thread in there dispute EE area, from there one of the mods and admins took a look at it and locked the guys account on AR15.com. I was lucky enough to get my money back from the guy, and oddly enough the optic showed up but two days later. I then sent him back the original paypal money. But I raised a complete shit storm with USPS and AR15.com staff. I would definitely file a dispute, and cancel the charge with your CC company.

UPDATE:

Because I had some free time here at work I went down in the shop and filled up one of my 2liter bottles of mt.dew with some rock salt. filled to about the top it came up to 5lbs 7oz's (87oz). Now if those are 20oz bottles in the pic then it would equal to about 27oz(of rock salt) per bottle(about 2lbs give or take) so add 3 2lb bottles (6lbs) and a 1lbish box and you got around 7lbs (the posted weight)

Sounds like the seller did screw you and not the shipping company OR he shipped it out from his work and somebody there switched stuff around. In either case it sounds like its from the seller's side.

Hope this helps you OP.

UPDATE:

Because I had some free time here at work I went down in the shop and filled up one of my 2liter bottles of mt.dew with some rock salt. filled to about the top it came up to 5lbs 7oz's (87oz). Now if those are 20oz bottles in the pic then it would equal to about 27oz(of rock salt) per bottle(about 2lbs give or take) so add 3 2lb bottles (6lbs) and a 1lbish box and you got around 7lbs (the posted weight)

Sounds like the seller did screw you and not the shipping company OR he shipped it out from his work and somebody there switched stuff around. In either case it sounds like its from the seller's side.

Hope this helps you OP.

A person at a UPS center would have access to scales, mountain dew bottles, and rocks. Very easily could have been planned out.

Yeah that sucks I can't imagine how pissed you would be. Getting screwed over sucks; I just sold an item on eBay sent it in a tube and watched the clerk at usps tape both sides. The buyer got my package and it was empty, there was a note from usps saying the post office never sealed the tube ends. But I watched them do it myself, dumbass me didn't put any insurance on it. Had to refund the buyer his $$$ out of my pocket, along with ebay and shipping fees to my expense

Here is your man:

(only pic i could find)

http://m3.licdn.com/mpr/pub/image-9NvBb_9Z0zNzO2DUH2iHSXLoBVkhvRXGKZpKFWpPBoi2vZbb9NvKFPNZByFTBpKGqYY6/john-palmer.jpg

He is the Sr. Product Manager at GE Transportation

2901 East Lake Road

Erie, PA 16531

(814) 875-2234

His residence

4011 Greenway Dr

Erie, PA 16506-4061

Home (814) 833-6908

I think it's time we revisit this info.

Maybe send him something on ar15 with just a pinch of this info. Someone who is willing to stoop to shipping rock salt in place of pmags would probably not be above stealing from work. Even if he is, I doubt very much he'd appreciate being the scuttlebutt of an office conspiracy.

EDIT: NY law, but relevant http://www.nycourts.gov/cji/2-PenalLaw/155/AC.155.Theories.pdf

If you do a charge back on paypal with your CC, they will take you to collections and ding your credit FYI.

please explain. Are you saying that i need to file a dispute with paypal before trying a chargeback? How long does that take? How long do i have to do a charge back?