Saturdaysaturdaysaturday 4-18-09

jbot

Unless the weather pulls a fast one like a few weekends ago where the forecast went from saying low 60's to mid 40's, we should get out and ride on saturday!

they say it will be in the 60's, and warmer the more south you go of cleveland.

Since the weather will be pleasant, i propose a ride into the south-of-canton area.

here's the ride scenario:

1. ride your own pace

2. wear all your gear (min:helmet/jacket/gloves/boots/jeans underwear optional)

3. you are responsible for yourself: this is the street. that means don't target fixate into a cliff, into a truck, into the amish buggy. the leader is your tour guide, not your mommy. we can and will get separated at times, but we will wait at intersections.

4. make sure your bike works and your tires are usable.

5. close to the speed limit on straights and whatever speed you want in the corners. again, use your own discretion.

i dunno anything about any roads, so someone should feel free to lead. if i have to lead, we will get lost and make wrong turns, so that is a warning up front.

i may or may not be riding friday, so if i am too damn tired, and don't feel like showing, someone else can feel free to take over this thread to arrange the ride. that dude is getting a ride together a bit more north of where we're planning on riding, so if you don't want to ride down 1~1.5 hours to get a long day of riding in, PM "that dude" or you guys can get a new thread going.

meeting time: 10:30AM. roll out time 11:00AM sharp. If you're going to be a little bit late (like 5 - 10 min) let us know ahead of time and we will wait for you. If you're going to be later than that, we can give you a route to catch up to us.

Edited by jbot

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely up for heading South of Canton on Saturday. Should be getting the Speedy all fixed up with a new tune on Thursday.

I'm definitely interested in hitting 164, but I'd be ok with another route down that way too. I might even be willing to lead as long as people don't mind a quick but non-knee-dragging pace.

underwear is NEVER a given.

the pace will be whatever you want it to be since you're the one riding your bike. if for whatever reason a couple of us or the group is a bit faster than what you're used to, don't sweat it... at least one person will wait at the intersection. but i highly doubt anyone will be dragging knee anywhere.

i've updated the OP with some info about meeting place and time.

Sounds good.

My favorite route is I77 to Bolivar - 212 to Leestown - 164 to Lisbon - 172 to East Canton then back home.

Takes about 3~4 hours from the S. Akron/Canton area and makes for a pretty good warm-up/cool-down before and after 164.

I know there are tons of great roads down there, so if someone else has a better route, I'm always up for it.

show up with a brand new set of PP 2ct's and I can assure you that you will pass.

forwarding this to the NRA instructor certification board unless you coerce STT instructors to get me free trackdays

suckaaaahhhhh

har har

i'll be using this saturday ride to get me familiar with the 600rr for midohio the following weekend, so i'll probably start slow, get familiar, and hopefully be less slow once we're warmed up.

it's still a bit early yet, but who thinks they're in for the south of canton ride?

iron pony guys, may i suggest creating a new thread so your ride setup isn't cluttered with this one? i don't want people to get confused and upset that they won't get to slab it to the glory that is iron pony, and instead, will have to waste their day riding through inconvenient twisties?