Antron Brown's horrific crash at Pomona

SLOWLX

Amazing how well cages work these days. 300mph and the frame survives a major explosion, and skid to a stop from that speed...bouncing off of concrete walls in the process. The driver walks away. Simply amazing.

Glad Antron was OK! :thumbup:

Seconded. Shit is amazing.

Amazing how well cages work these days. 300mph and the frame survives a major explosion, and skid to a stop from that speed...bouncing off of concrete walls in the process. The driver walks away. Simply amazing.

Glad Antron was OK! :thumbup:

I was lucky enough to meet and talk with the head of fabrication at DSR Racing while in Indy for the NMCA race. The level of detail and work that goes into what they build is crazy, they really try to push the pace of design of these cars.

The size of the shop there is amazing. They keep all of the teams haulers in there and work on the cars right by them.

http://www.nhra.com/story/story.aspx?F_y=2011&F_m=8&F_d=24&CustomURL=nhra-legends-to-highlight-6th-annual-dsr-open-house&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

I have personally talked to Tony Schumacher over lunch about that accident in 2000. He told me they estimate the spinning cage around him that separated containing him put 100+ Gs through his body each time it contacted the ground. His doctors said that if his head was turned a little bit a different way than the position it was in during the crash he would not have survived that accident. Game of Millimeters.

Also if you look at the video, his accident was caused by the force of air on the spoiler to crumble it, then once deformed enough it rips off the car causing it to go airborne. Those things are super necessary. That's why all my cars have huge wings, I don't want the same happening to me when I go 250-325MPH. ;)