9 Second Street GTR

wagner

We'll see. Upgraded turbos for sure, need upgraded trans ($15-20k), and upgraded internals on the motor. That's where things get expensive. I've turned cars into undriveable disasters in the past, by modding past the point of what can be driven comfortably. It's a fine line, and many times irreversible. Right now, my vette is perfect--no more power mods. Doing turbos in the gtr could happen in the future. Right now the car is a blast to drive, and I drive this bitch in the ice, snow, rain. Fuck, I might take it offroading this weekend

Is e85 an option where you live?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see. Upgraded turbos for sure, need upgraded trans ($15-20k), and upgraded internals on the motor. That's where things get expensive. I've turned cars into undriveable disasters in the past, by modding past the point of what can be driven comfortably. It's a fine line, and many times irreversible. Right now, my vette is perfect--no more power mods. Doing turbos in the gtr could happen in the future. Right now the car is a blast to drive, and I drive this bitch in the ice, snow, rain. Fuck, I might take it offroading this weekend

I like that you drive the cars

Kirk is a man's man when it comes to driving cars. Mod em, Maintain em, and run the shit outta em. Glad to see he's not like those guys who buys a performance car that gets driven a few times a year and lives its life under a car cover. :thumbup:

i did that with my '04 cobra. bought it brand new, modded it all the way up to a point where it was simply no fun to drive. i don't live too close to a drag strip, which is what i ultimately wanted to do with it. sold it with 19k miles on it last year for way too little. it sat way too much. promised myself i wouldn't do that again.

i plan on dailying the gtr, and have put on 2000 miles since late december, all in shitty wisconsin weather. my wife will likely daily drive the cts-v, once the ice gets off the road.

right now, we have e70. good buddy of mine has a 600+ rwhp evo, and he's running corn. haven't decided if i want to go e85 just yet

if you can go e85 do it. Safe Power ftw

Maybe. The e85 here is inconsistent, as far as quality goes, shortens the life of the fuel pumps, and decreases the range of the car. Some people can put up with these things, but they all add up to making the car just a little bit less likeable for me. All for maybe 20-30 more hp.

Kirk, check out the Switzer p800 package:

http://switzerperformanceinnovation.com/web_en/?page_id=1100

I plan to go though Switzer when I come home next summer. Looking at a 2011+ GTR and doing one of there packages. There is a guy in Russia who is daily'ing his p800 car and it has over 100K miles and he beats the absolute shit out of it.

Kirk, check out the Switzer p800 package:

http://switzerperformanceinnovation.com/web_en/?page_id=1100

I plan to go though Switzer when I come home next summer. Looking at a 2011+ GTR and doing one of there packages. There is a guy in Russia who is daily'ing his p800 car and it has over 100K miles and he beats the absolute shit out of it.

thought about one of those kits. funny, when you join the gtrlife forum and post pics of your car, these companies come out of the woodwork shooting you pm's about all their power packages.

i'm going to keep it fairly simple--i'd like to not have to upgrade the transmission. right now, i have a cobb tuning package for the motor/trans, intake, injectors, pumps, downpipe and midpipe. going to get it all installed at some point this spring once the snow is off the ground

• 2 weeks later...
thought about one of those kits. funny, when you join the gtrlife forum and post pics of your car, these companies come out of the woodwork shooting you pm's about all their power packages.

i'm going to keep it fairly simple--i'd like to not have to upgrade the transmission. right now, i have a cobb tuning package for the motor/trans, intake, injectors, pumps, downpipe and midpipe. going to get it all installed at some point this spring once the snow is off the ground

I'm sure that will make an easy 600awhp on e85. Watching these Texas video pretty much the 750+ ones are hard to touch on the freeway unless you have a TTG :gabe: