Speedo healer, and clutch issues.

1dtfgsxr

Ok, Please forgive any future stupidity in this thread on my part. I have a question for anyone with some Gsxr mech experience. My speedometer and mileage arent registering and I have a sneaking suspicion that its my speedohealer(I think the sprocket maybe) . Its an 05 gsxr 600. Anyone with some experience wanna tell me how to fix this or for a six pack, maybe come out and help me with it. I dont know how simple or hard this is. Just feel better with someone with experience around, maybe I wont screw it up. It will be after this weekend before I can do anything with it. Second question is, I think my clutch is slipping. Its probably a stupid question but How bad is it if I ride on the slipping clutch, and what are the consequences if I do so. Where can I find a clutch kit? I found one complete clutch kit for this bike online and its 320.00. Any other suggestions? Oh, and how hard is a clutch replacement, as I would like to tackle this myself?

I could deff help u with the clutch! The clucth is super easy to change so u wont have any problems. look for stock clutch fibers/discs or barnet brand kit which should only b around$160.As for the spedo healer i dont know,but i could figure it out..

I've ridden until my clutches are completely out, and wont even pull the bike,

I've read on a few forums where peoples speedohealers just stopped working, I think healtech replaced their units for free though.

This is great info guys. Well the problem is, I bought the bike with all of these great parts on the bike from comp acc. I didnt realize the speedo wasnt working until I got on the highway to go home. That was the only issue with the bike though. I looked up on gixxer.com and all the threads I found on the speedo healer suggested the sprocket being loose. Thats why i ask if someone can walk me through that. As for the clutch, thats good news. So typically all I need to replace is the clutch fibers? If so, Hopefully I can preplace that stuff in the next couple weeks. Gixxie, I really appreciate any help you will be able to offer with that. Ill let you know when I get that stuff together. I dont believe its clutch adjustment. I was rounding out 6th and it wouldnt go above 11-12k. Also when I went to dyno the bike at dyno day, they couldnt dyno it because they said the clutch was slipping. Again thanks for all the great help guys. I wont have time to do anything with the bike until after sunday but I will keep yall updated. Thankx again.

This is great info guys. Well the problem is, I bought the bike with all of these great parts on the bike from comp acc. I didnt realize the speedo wasnt working until I got on the highway to go home. That was the only issue with the bike though. I looked up on gixxer.com and all the threads I found on the speedo healer suggested the sprocket being loose. Thats why i ask if someone can walk me through that. As for the clutch, thats good news. So typically all I need to replace is the clutch fibers? If so, Hopefully I can preplace that stuff in the next couple weeks. Gixxie, I really appreciate any help you will be able to offer with that. Ill let you know when I get that stuff together. I dont believe its clutch adjustment. I was rounding out 6th and it wouldnt go above 11-12k. Also when I went to dyno the bike at dyno day, they couldnt dyno it because they said the clutch was slipping. Again thanks for all the great help guys. I wont have time to do anything with the bike until after sunday but I will keep yall updated. Thankx again.

just out of curiosity, what speed would it be in 6th gear at 11~12K rpms? i mean, whether or not you were doing that on a track is none of my business, but i was just curious as to what speed that would be.