Input on Gun buying please

Diamonds

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ORLY? Last 3 times I've been to an OVO store I've walked out with the max allotted (5 boxes of 50) at pre-hysteria pricing. Hasn't changed there. ;)

hmm.. road trip??? lol When is the last time you been to OVO? I might have to make a trip tonight.. :)

There is no 9mm ammo anywhere in Central Ohio. Vances, Buckeye Outdoors, both Gander Mountains are out. Cabela only puts out few at a time. There is not point in going and trying to play the lottery with walmart. If someone can confirm that OVO has 9mm, we should get some peeps together and make a trip.. lol

But what is prehysteria prices? Like 10.99-11.99 for a box of 50?

hmm.. road trip??? lol When is the last time you been to OVO? I might have to make a trip tonight.. :)

2 Sundays ago in Lancaster, last Friday in Logan.

There is no 9mm ammo anywhere in Central Ohio. Vances, Buckeye Outdoors, both Gander Mountains are out. Cabela only puts out few at a time. There is not point in going and trying to play the lottery with walmart. If someone can confirm that OVO has 9mm, we should get some peeps together and make a trip.. lol

But what is prehysteria prices? Like 10.99-11.99 for a box of 50?

Yup, 10.99-11.99 depending.

I definitely picked up 12k rounds of 9mm from OVO in this hysteria a month and a half ago. I have called back once a week since then and they have had 9mm and 5.56/.223 in stock every week since except one.

This. First time I went I got dad the max on .40 (2 boxes) then exactly one week later they were limiting .40s to 1 box. 9mm has been 5 boxes at above stated prices every time I went. I can actually prob swing by tonight or def tomorrow since it's right near me and let you guys know. I could always use a little more. :)

2 boxes of .38spl cost me $40 though. :no:

If it were me I would get a CZ 75 or a CZ P07. I have the CZ 75 BD model and love it. For what they are and what they cost they are excellent guns. Don't let the feel of the trigger bother you off the bat if you go pick up a new one. CZ is notoriously known for creepy gritty triggers until they're broken in.

Another plus to the CZ 75 model is, they do make a .22 adapter kit. It is a little expensive but, as far as .22 conversions go the Kadet Kit for the CZ is considered one of the best. The Kadet Kit and a new CZ would be the same or a little less than a new Sig P226 (Depending on model)

I'm a big 9mm fan for the capacity aspect when it comes to self defense but, if I were to look at a .45 I would look at FN and the HK USP. I haven't held a FN but I like the high round count it offers for a .45 when it comes to self defense. I've also shot a HK USPc .45 and it felt nice to shoot.

If it's just a range gun, get what feels good in your hands and you have the most fun shooting. If it's for self defense, narrow down what you feel you need for a self defense situation and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...
If you were thinking about a HK USP 45 Match then you might like the H&K MK23 even better. The USP 45 Match will run you 2Gs.

http://www.gunenvystore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16550

USP 45 Tacticool, you are probably looking at around 1200 new, a regular USP45 will run you about 900 to 1000 new.

Gander mountain in reynoldsburg has all of H&K USPs in stock, but they are pricy though.

I am not a big fan of XDs. I would much rather have a M&P45 Pro with a Apexi Trigger kit installed.

I owuld pay 2k for a USP match if I could find one.... :(