PC Help, 3 monitors..only 2 work

NWill

I bought my third and final display today. I'm using an AMD HD7700 series with eyefinity. Two of the monitors display just fine but when I try to extend to the third, it says I must disable one of the other two. This was with one HDMI connection and two MiniDP to HDMI connections. The two monitors that are currently enabled are the two MiniDP-HDMI. I also tried switching the HDMI connection to DVI.

I keep seeing something about how it must be connected a certain way but nothing about it telling me to disable a monitor?? I don't know shit about this stuff, I've been able to get away with just plugging things in in the past... Thanks

Edit: The more I read it looks like many have had same problem. It looks like I need an "Active" adapter for the third to work.

Edited by NWill

I already had all HDMI wires ran through the center post on my mount so I ended up with the following:

(1) DP/HDMI dongle -> Monitor One

(2) DP/DVI dongle -> DVI/HDMI adapter -> Monitor Two

(3) DVI/HDMI adapter -> Monitor Three

I would have just bought two DP-HDMI active adapters but of course MC only had one so I had to get a DP-DVI and DVI-HDMI adapter