PCV Setup - Concurrence/Feedback Desired

JuicedH22

So, after doing the research (a lot of conflicting stuff out there) I think this is how I want to do my PCV system, but was hoping for feedback from the 'experts'....

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/Juicedh22/LS3Dual_PCV_zpscdb8c10c.jpg

The thought behind this is that the valve covers will be the 'breathing' side of the system holding at or near atmospheric and the crankcase side would be held at a negative dP (lower pressure) being on the suction side of the intake.

The other differences/considerations were to have an oil cap breather filter (came with the Holley VCs I bought) and/or instead of a filter on that catch can, have it route to the intake side (pre "maf" I have in quotes since I no longer have a maf)... which theoretically is also atmospheric pressure. I have a NW102mm DB throttle body, so there is no routing to that 'port'.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm by no means an expert on this, but the blue lines there to and from the catch can seem to be the "standard" for the engines and makes perfect sense to me. What always seems unclear is what to do with the valve covers. Newer engines with the PCV in the valey just run the passenger side valve cover to the throttle body and cap off the driver's cover from the factory. Of course the older stuff is different because they didn't have it in the valley. Personally I'd just run the valve covers to the TB without the can on that line.

I'm by no means an expert on this, but the blue lines there to and from the catch can seem to be the "standard" for the engines and makes perfect sense to me. What always seems unclear is what to do with the valve covers. Newer engines with the PCV in the valey just run the passenger side valve cover to the throttle body and cap off the driver's cover from the factory. Of course the older stuff is different because they didn't have it in the valley. Personally I'd just run the valve covers to the TB without the can on that line.

If you were to run one of those cans on a 98 motor that had no valley breather, how would you run it??

I do not have a TB port on my 102mm, in fact no LS2/3 TB has that.... that side is "theoretically" atmospheric anyhow.

Sorry I misunderstood about yours, I must be picturing something else. Yes it is atmosphere, but I'd still route it into the airbox rather then have a breather under the hood but thats just me.

If you were to run one of those cans on a 98 motor that had no valley breather, how would you run it??

Without swapping to the better valley cover PCV, you'd just have to put the catch can before the PCV valve in line.

Sorry I misunderstood about yours, I must be picturing something else. Yes it is atmosphere, but I'd still route it into the airbox rather then have a breather under the hood but thats just me.

Without swapping to the better valley cover PCV, you'd just have to put the catch can before the PCV valve in line.

I'm just inquiring since I've read that the 97-98 blocks needed to be clearanced a bit to make the breather fit in the valley. I would live to get one but if it doesn't fit wouldn't make sense to waste the money when I could do the catch can and just route it.