I was planning to keep the BRZ's powertrain warranty...

Draco-REX

but then..

1889_10200786241407336_1930627868_n.jpg

Tease video:

In-car (ish):

It's not going to make huge numbers, but it should have instant response and a table-top torque curve. So not "Mega-BRZ" but more like BRZ+ (or as some would say, "BRZ [FIXED]".) There's no official numbers yet (saving them for some announcement in a couple weeks) but it's looking like an additional 60hp or so on an otherwise stock car. I'm thinking 300+ crank hp is possible with a good set of headers if I'm lucky, E85 should put it over the top if not.

And it sounds f'n cool.

I'm very tempted...

TwinScrew + SubySound is an amazing combination. Can't wait to see someone put 2.0l+ twin screw on one.

A 2.0L twin? Isn't there some law of physics against running a SC that's as big or bigger than the original engine's displacement? lol.

I don't think there will be much demand for big blowers. I think most people looking for big power on this car will go turbo and work around the loss of transitional response. Though it does make me wonder if the 335 is a direct swap for the 210 that comes with the kit....

Detonate.com

That is all!! Fp green and call it a day.

FP can go eat a bag of dicks and die.

Besides, I don't want a turbo on this. No matter how good they are, a turbo never has the transitional response of NA. A supercharger comes close, with a twin-screw like the above having the best respose of the FI options.

FP can go eat a bag of dicks and die.

Besides, I don't want a turbo on this. No matter how good they are, a turbo never has the transitional response of NA. A supercharger comes close, with a twin-screw like the above having the best respose of the FI options.

Is there an ic with the twin screw setup? With the Subaru boxer engine love to spit oil thru the PVC system and forced hot air this will be a disaster combination, but since you already owned couple Subarus you should know what to do.

I'd rock it. But I'm not sure if I would purchase it and install it. But if it was given to me then o hell yes! Superchargers are fun but I can see this easily turning into the age old debate of Turbo vs SC. It always comes down to many cylinders want SC and lesser cylinders want Turbos. Or at least the people that drive them.

But on that note, SC on a torquey suby box? That's a damn good combo.

Y u no vortech? They are being produced now.

A few reasons. Better low end which is good for AutoX. I don't really like the tight bends the Vortec kit uses. Also I think the Vortec's A2A system is vented to atmosphere which seems like it would be detrimental to transitional response, but I'll have to look at it again to be sure. And frankly, the twin screw just looks cooler. :D

I also plan on going the SC route after a couple years of worry-free warranty driving. Let the tuners and experimenters work out the bugs. Take me for a drive though.

I'm always happy to give rides. As for reliability, I was worried at first, but seeing how those 500+hp builds are doing on the stock internals has improved my confidence in this engine.

Is there an ic with the twin screw setup? With the Subaru boxer engine love to spit oil thru the PVC system and forced hot air this will be a disaster combination, but since you already owned couple Subarus you should know what to do.

The Stage 2 version uses an A2W intercooler. It's mounted under the charger and vents into the runners. You can see the cooling lines in the teaser vid. The picture is of the Stage 1 version.

As for the blow-by, an air/oil seperator is on my list.

Innovate is saying it will have an IC on it. A twin screw traditionally runs cooler than most other forced inductions setups anyway.

less talk, more chops

I need to run some questions by the US tuner who's working on the kit once he's no longer under a NDA. But depending on availability, this could be a pretty quick turnaround.

Why so much hate for FP? Don't get me wrong, I'm not an FP nutswinger, I just run one of "their" turbo's because I got a great deal on it...

Because the owner of FP essentially took a big shit on the Subaru community in a post on the Evo forums. I understand if someone doesn't like some of their customers, I think everyone that works at this level has customers they don't like. But you don't go on a public forum and ridicule a significant portion of your customer base. He really showed his true colors in that discussion and so I refuse to give him any of my money or use any of his parts on my car.

I'd feel the same way if I drove an Evo too.

I'd rock it. But I'm not sure if I would purchase it and install it. But if it was given to me then o hell yes! Superchargers are fun but I can see this easily turning into the age old debate of Turbo vs SC. It always comes down to many cylinders want SC and lesser cylinders want Turbos. Or at least the people that drive them.

But on that note, SC on a torquey suby box? That's a damn good combo.

It should be pretty fun. I'm trying to maintain the feel of the original car with quick response and excellent communication to the driver. So I don't think a turbo's nature lends itself well to this.