WTB 10mm Dies

Wes Stone

I bet Cabela's or Vance's has them, right around $45

I parked at the Mall and walked over. I was on the lookout for some 10mm reloading dies but they were gone. Nice place seemed to be well stocked on guns and ammo. I'm going to wait for the crowd to die down before going back though.

Order online, they are all over.

I went to cabela's today, no dice. I havn't made it down to Vances.

Find me someone online that isn't ebay for under $100. I've checked everywhere I know.

I might of found a set on a forum for $26 shipped NIB so i'll probably pic those up.

Mahle what kind of 10mm ammo do you have? I have about 1500 rounds currently but if you have some hot stuff I might be interested.

I paid $45 for my 40/10mm dies at Vances. They had some the other day I was in there. Do you need any certain brand? I started on an RCBS and now use a Lee wishing I would've started with Lee because now the RCBS dies don't work with the Lee bullet feeder. I may be upgrading to a Lee set in the future. If so I'll be willing to part with my RCBS set.

This 10mm is going to be the first thing i've reloaded. I picked up a Lee Pro 1000. I have about 1500 rounds currently but I want to reload them as I go.

Any tips or certain bullets or what type of powder do you use?

AA No. 9 for PowerPro are probably your best choices for 10mm. I use AA No. 9 in my 10mm loads as it tends to give the best accuracy, according to most of my manuals.

As for bullets; it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I try to stick with 165-180gr. (prefer 165s). I loaded up some 165gr GoldDots for deer hunting, but never had the opportunity to use them. 165-180gr is recommended for deer, though I would like to try out the 155gr Barnes Tac-XPs (solid copper) on them as well. Go for 135gr if you want some screamers.

Thanks for the tip austin....I picked up a colt delta elite 10mm in a trade about a mth ago. I really like shooting it. I'm in the process of picking up a 10mm ruger buckeye revolver that I think should be a blast to shoot. So since I'm really enjoying the 10mm cartridge right now I thought I should attempt to reload it. Not going to hunt with it, just shoot targets mainly. So I think it would be fun to have an accurate load/round.

Can someone explain the difference in powders to me? What are the pro's/con's of different powders? I would think they would all achieve the same results but again this is new to me.

Different burn rates, velocity, pressure, size and shape, consistency, ability to flow, susceptibility to temperature changes, price, cleanliness.

There are about 100+ different powders out there by multiple different companies. All are different, save for a few that are pretty close, if not identical to each other.

Again, what you are trying to achieve dictates your powder selection. 1/4 of the process is narrowing down what works for your intended application. The other 3/4 is pure experimentation for what works best for your application.

Since you seem pretty green when it comes to reloading, I recommend the ABCs of reloading for some good reading material. It'll get you started. Also, I would pick up a reloading manual and read the front section of it as they tend to be pretty informational. Speer, Lyman, Hornady, and Nosler all make excellent manuals to start off with.