I thought it was dead...

Nickey4271647545519

"Police officers in Kalamazoo, Michigan were shocked when they opened a vehicle's trunk to find a live deer jump out. Apparently, the driver of the vehicle hit the deer and thinking it was dead and not wanting to let all of that good venison go to waste, put the animal in his trunk to take home.

The deer, however, was just knocked out and when police opened the trunk, hopped out and ran off back into its natural habitat. Fortunately, the deer didn't seem to cause any injury or damage, and thus fell short of becoming a real life Tommy Boy scene." -via here

we had one get hit a few weeks ago in front of our house and the cop shot it in the head and it turned and looked at him and lived for another half hour after.

Why didn't anyone finish it? Why shoot the gun and not even kill it? How terrible of a shot is the officer? (Note to self: If said officer is giving backup, do not rely on it..)

Also, the way you worded it created a vision in my head of the 3 of you standing around for 30min while this deer just stared at the cop. haha Funny and sad.

I finished off a deer years and years ago with a headshot. Never again. If they need it these days I just do a chest shot.....much faster and waaaay cleaner.

Shoot it in the base the skull/neck instead of directly in the head. In/out the neck and you don't have the mess. Same effect.

Why didn't anyone finish it? Why shoot the gun and not even kill it? How terrible of a shot is the officer? (Note to self: If said officer is giving backup, do not rely on it..)

Also, the way you worded it created a vision in my head of the 3 of you standing around for 30min while this deer just stared at the cop. haha Funny and sad.

the cop said it wasnt right to shoot it again. i offered to go get my gun and shoot it again but the cop wouldnt let me. i do have to say i was a little creeped out when the deer just looked at him. ohhh and the shot was right between the ears and went all the way out the other side.