04 accord squeel

SRTurbo04

My wifes 04 Honda accord 4 cyl is squeeling preety bad last time it was in for a oil change they said the serpentine belt needed to be changed. Could a belt make it squeal loud or should there be something else I should look for? and go figure the wife wont drive it now until its fixed and its cold out fml :lol:

They hard to do on these or what?

gotta be like "looky here missy, you gon drive that car until it warms up, then i'll fix it" - Lay the smack down Paul.

And yes, belt squealing is usually a sign they are either bad/loose/misaligned etc.

Belt conditioner works for like a day then it just starts back again later. $10 for a can of nonworking miracle spray or $7 for a new belt. Hmm.

Then when you decide to change the belt your covered in belt conditioner, as it's all over the place.

Paul - get a spray can of belt conditioner/dressing at your favorite auto parts store. If you don't want to spend the money, you can use mine.

do NOT use belt dressing on ANY serp belt driven car, if you do you'll be screwed Paul. that belt takes less than 5min to replace