Newark Meet 5/18

DaddyBuiltRacing

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think we'll have any issues but just to be clear we have some "rules"

1. Do not rev your car repeatedly. We understand its a car meet and people are gonna show off their cars. Totally fine with that, just don't have a 2 step contest in the parking lot please.

2. Pick up your trash! This is a huge issue every time we do this and a group of us are usually left to pick up the entire parking lot at 4-5am. It's pretty simple really, put the shit in your car, there is trash cans up along the shopping area and there is even a big recycling center in the parking lot!!

3. Don't drive like an asshole in the parking lot. If you want to show what your car has, get on one of the 2 main roads that are by the parking lot and do so. There will most likely be a few young kids at the meet, the last thing any of us want is a kid being struck because you chose to drive like a jackass. This includes burnouts in the parking lot, again there is 2 roads that everyone in the lot can see you on, go out there and have at it.

4. No drinking! This shouldn't even have to be mentioned but last year we had people walking around holding beer bottles/cans and or standing by their car drinking. Listen not only is it illegal (open container) but it more often than not leads to people acting like idiots. There is a Roosters literally in the parking lot where we hold this event. Go in there and drink a few. If you dont like Rooster's there is several bars in Newark.

5. Have fun and treat each other with respect! It's a meet and everyone is out to have a good time. If you see cars that aren't of your taste, that's fine. I am sure there will be a mixed variety. Don't knock on someones cars, that just creates drama and we aren't trying to have any of that.

6. Racing: If you are going to race, make sure you do it far away from the meet location. Should you get busted racing, you wasn't a part of the meet ;) Be careful when discussing your plans for spirited driving, you never know if someone is a cop just hanging around.

The cops are pretty laid back here and haven't give us any shit while doing these, lets keep it that way. I am sure the cops will roll through, just to see what's going on. We may contact a few of our cop buddies tomorrow and warn them that 500 cars are going to be hanging out, maybe then they'll leave us alone all together.

Let me just say from personal experience, if you speed excessively or race in licking county and happen to get caught they will take your license. Going to traffic court in licking county is nothing like franklin county and it will suck if anyone gets caught. Hope everyone has fun and stays safe.

Let me just say from personal experience, if you speed excessively or race in licking county and happen to get caught they will take your license. Going to traffic court in licking county is nothing like franklin county and it will suck if anyone gets caught. Hope everyone has fun and stays safe.

This!! I have dealt with that court system more times than I would like to admit, all over driving offenses. They will ass pound you without spitting on your butthole first.

No rain on the radar so weather should be good!