B8 S4 vs B8 RS4: Chris Harris

Aaron

Audi really screwed the b8 rs4 up...at least when it comes to engine choice. That poor s4 was beat to shit.

I agree 100%, as do most.

You say that in the RS4 forums and they go on about how awesome N/A V8's are. And, for only "15k" you can catch back up to the B8 S4. :dumb:

If the RS4 got the 4.0T, I'd probably have one. Enough of this 300ft lbs of torque nonsense.

Audi really screwed the b8 rs4 up...at least when it comes to engine choice. That poor s4 was beat to shit.

And the RS5.

I agree, at least in the B7 RS4, you had an even shittier V8 in the S4...

And yeah, that S4 is in amazingly horrible shape. Still moves out though.

How does a tune change the boost out of a supercharger?

If I remember correctly, the s4 uses a type of bypass valve to bleed off boost, similar to a wastegate on a turbo. That valve is electronically controlled.

How does a tune change the boost out of a supercharger?

They use the supercharger like a turbo, so they can have an artificially high torque curve. The S/C makes more boost than they want up top, but tons down low to give a big fat curve. They have a bypass valve that opens gradually as the RPM's increase so it flattens out. Software merely holds the valve closed.

APR, & Giac / others have also released smaller pulley's to extra extra power as well.