2015 Chevy Chevelle - 135/BR-Z/FR-S LOL?

zeitgeist57

Dick's cuss.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/04/could-chevrolet-revive-the-chevelle-as-an-rwd-car-just-maybe/

Joans, I heard Audi is already worried this thing will spank the TT-RS:no:

Unless they are putting the Chevelle name on a RWD, V8, sledge hammer it really is about as stupid as putting the "Dart" name on the thing dodge put out.

Unless they are putting the Chevelle name on a RWD, V8, sledge hammer it really is about as stupid as putting the "Dart" name on the thing dodge put out.

I made this comment when I first saw the Dart at the Detroit Auto Show years ago, and I said it again this year. If you put a Hemi V8 in that, a 5 speed with a nice stiff clutch, and rear wheel drive I'de write a check right now. That thing could have been an absolute BLAST... or it could be a slightly fast econo box that ruins a good musclar name :(

I like that manufacturers are looking at cars like the FR-S as the hotbed for revitalizing the small, RWD, "fun" segment, kudos to the little Toyobaru, and it's ambitions. However, if GM could find a way to a make an FR-S fighter with say...the new generation 2.0t from the LNF engine, that would be fantastic. The Saturn Sky/Pontiac equivalent were close, but not quite there, if GM's enthusiasts within the brand had more time to cultivate those cars, they could have been great. Make it a proper coupe (not a half-assed removable roof based off of a convertible chassis, and ready to handle right out of the box, and that would go a long way towards making a statement about American car manufacturers being ready to go toe-to-toe with the competition.

It looks like GM wants to copy the 1 series.

I don't think Toyobaru or Mazda have anything to worry about. There's more to making a car like this than just making it small and RWD. If they were to make it like a baby 'vette I'd be more hopeful. But the shape of the car looks like the usual high-cg build you see today, which tells me they probably won't spend much time on suspension tuning.

We'll see.

you guys understand that the vast majority of dodge darts produced were slushbox slant-6(or 273ci) 4 doors, right? the big block darts were by far the exception, not the rule. for the majority of the dart's run, it really was a cheap ass compact car.

as far as this "chevelle" is concerned(err, wasn't the chevelle larger than the camaro???), GM will fuck it up if it makes it to production. it's just what they do.

you guys understand that the vast majority of dodge darts produced were slushbox slant-6(or 273ci) 4 doors, right? the big block darts were by far the exception, not the rule. for the majority of the dart's run, it really was a cheap ass compact car.

as far as this "chevelle" is concerned(err, wasn't the chevelle larger than the camaro???), GM will fuck it up if it makes it to production. it's just what they do.

You realize you could get a dart (which most were) with a small block v8 and it was rwd with the option of a big block. That's the part I realize.

1st, the picture is of a concept from over a year ago, so I would not hold my breath on that being the Chevelle.

2nd, with the Chevy SS coming out, why wouldn't a coupe version of that be the Chevelle?

3rd, with the new TT V6 coming out in the CTS there has been a rumor of an Alpha-based Buick, which would revive the GN and GNX nameplate. This holds water because Mark Reuss's father was partially responsible for the original GNX.