Picking up car from a shop in "worse" condition

IMO if chose to drive a car away he also likely signed that the car was delivered to him to his satisfaction. At least I've never picked up a car and not signed somethign to the effect that all is good and I'm taking it home.

There's no intent here to place blame, but I see the owner as fully accountable for having made a poor judgement.

IMO if chose to drive a car away he also likely signed that the car was delivered to him to his satisfaction. At least I've never picked up a car and not signed somethign to the effect that all is good and I'm taking it home.

There's no intent here to place blame, but I see the owner as fully accountable for having made a poor judgement.

I fully agree.

He installed a FP Black turbo and tubular manifold himself (I watched refusing to touch the car myself other than to start a couple of hte manifold nuts bc he couldn't get to it somehow, which he then tightened himself).

This is the point where your brain should kick in and realize you are in over your head. I'm comfortable doing most things on my own car but once you get to that "do I really know what I'm doing" point you should either a) get a mentor to help you b) get that thing to a shop before you brake something expensive.

Point b) is where the wonderful people at IPS and I met and have since been taking all my toys to them. Paying someone to fix something is MUCH more pleasant than paying someone to fix something you messed up.:fuckyeah:

Just heard the shop is going to make good on this, which is what I expected coming from this class of shop, regardless my opinion the "friend" and the way he has gone about everything with the car.

wow, I am amazed they would. Not to bash but admire their ethic...what shop?

wow, I am amazed they would. Not to bash but admire their ethic...what shop?

Im not going to throw a shop name out since it is not my car/troubles but this is also why this shop has the good/great reputation they do.

What would happen if the shop gets the car back there, opens it up and finds that the problem was exisiting before they touched the car, or was totally unrelated to the work that they did?

Would the customer be liable for the tow charge and any labor involved?

Im not going to throw a shop name out since it is not my car/troubles but this is also why this shop has the good/great reputation they do.

What would happen if the shop gets the car back there, opens it up and finds that the problem was exisiting before they touched the car, or was totally unrelated to the work that they did?

Would the customer be liable for the tow charge and any labor involved?

I would say absolutely. No shop is out there doing work for free if they can avoid it. I would be hesitant about this deal because if the shop finds out nothing they did caused the issue...the owner of said car could/should get a bill for the tear down.

-Marc

I would say absolutely. No shop is out there doing work for free if they can avoid it. I would be hesitant about this deal because if the shop finds out nothing they did caused the issue...the owner of said car could/should get a bill for the tear down.

-Marc

I kinda hope that is how things pan, just for all the negative talk he has been doing about the shop in the office. He is kinda one of those guys that will try to drag you through the mud if he doesn't get what he thinks he deserves, and then if he gets surprised even after the nay saying he would gladly swing on dem nuts. Not to mention he is trying to throw big power through a relatively stock drivetrain (upgraded clutch:fuuuu: ) and expects everything to hold....