SCCA - OVR - Solo Points Event #1 Sunday, April 14 OSU Ackerman

bmwohio

Event info and sign up --> http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/6F6A0EAE-CBBF-B1F9-15B7CD71E8970646#.UWRqhpOG2Sp

Facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/pages/OVR-SCCA-Solo-Racing/173843905968586?ref=ts

Forum --> http://forum.ovr-scca.org/index.php?board=2.0

We use bar-code scanning equipment, this helps with both accuracy and efficiency, registration now REQUIRES ALL SCCA Members to input your SCCA Member #, and bring your membership card to the event when you check into registration. If you are not a member, it's ok we will take care of it at registration.

7:30AM Site Open

7:30 - 8:15AM Walk-in Registration

7:30 - 8:45AM Online Registration Check-in

7:30 - 8:45AM Tech Inspection Open

7:30 - 9:15AM Course Open for Walking

8:45 - 9:15AM Mandatory Novice Course Walk and Meeting

8:45 - 9:15AM Mandatory Formula Jr Course Walk and Meeting

9:20 - 9:40AM Mandatory Driver's Meeting for ALL Drivers

9:40AM 1st Heat Drivers report to the Grid

9:40AM 1st Heat Workers report to Worker Chief

9:45AM 1st Car on Course

Hope to see you there!

PM me or email us @ ovrsolo@gmail.com with any questions

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prep thy angus's

Ready for grip?!

Wow, 126 registered drivers as of now. That's great for the OVR-SCCA, but sounds like a recipe for only 3-4 runs. :(

I'll take a large attendance and limited runs for good competition any day of the week.

We closed reg at 139 entries. This is very typical of the first event of the season. Runs may be limited, but as Kyle said, this is a very good time to benchmark yourself against some good drivers locally, and from out of town.

The format will most likely be 3 run groups with no lunch break (you get it on your 'off' heat) and we will see how many runs we can get in, based on how the first heat goes.

I'm really excited to start the season, and glad to see some more CR guys coming out this year.

I would be happy to organize the timesheets post event if you we want to try and get a bunch of CR guys at an event this year, so Jones can show you all how fast he is :megusta:.......

:no:

Get stunstick to usher the crowd to grid between heats.

Maybe shock collars will work?

"Herding Cats" comes to mind. At least the drivers WANT to be in grid. Imagine if they didn't..

It'll be fun to see if my earlier improvement holds up agianst a full field.

Went 39.9 on my third run, andddd my stock tires greased over/overheated, I didn't have a tire sprayer, the fourth run was shaping up to be a quick one too, until the tires decided throw in the towel, and the damn thing was super loose after that. Bah.

Went 39.9 on my third run, andddd my stock tires greased over/overheated, I didn't have a tire sprayer, the fourth run was shaping up to be a quick one too, until the tires decided throw in the towel, and the damn thing was super loose after that. Bah.

You overcooked tires in 65F and less weather. You sure?

It takes quite a bit to do that, and usually involves repeated runs after runs in quick succession.

You overcooked tires in 65F and less weather. You sure?

It takes quite a bit to do that, and usually involves repeated runs after runs in quick succession.

OEM runflats, and next to no camber adjustment. This car is hard on the shoulders of tires.

38.2 Here.

Slowly learning my way up the ladder.

Great event, amazing to have that many people and still get 5 runs in smoothly.

Fun Watching Aaron VS Eric at the end there.:lolguy:

Same layout for the track as yesterday?