Why dont we have car meets like this

Fubar231

Point taken. Thinking it over, I believe you're right. The "cruising and car show" community may be stronger elsewhere, but the racing culture is stronger here. Your point, yeah?

Yup. Not that people don't race on the left coast, but out here it's more about action and less about image.

I've been in big car cities for a while, Houston, and been in smaller towns and cities with less overall people participating, Columbus, and I've come to a couple of conclusions. First, it's a lot easier to be a big fish in Columbus than in Houston. I can show up at certain meets here in town and my FD with a built LS engine may not even be in the "top tier" of cars at the show whereas in a town with a smaller culture it doesn't take as much to make your car "special" or whatever. Second, overall the community is closer together in Columbus than here. The meets in Houston are, by a vast majority, big but they contain cliques/groups that don't care to talk to or have anything to do with other groups at the same show, whereas the meets in Columbus just seem friendlier. IMHO.

Yeah.

I dunno, we have a world-class road course an hour away, an active autocross community, a drag strip, a paved circle track that holds drift events, and 7 or 8 road courses within a reasonable driving distance. Pretty much something for everyone. I'll take that over acres and acres of hard-parkers any day.

This is the one thing down here I'm missing is all the tracks around. The lot the SCCA uses sucks, you have to go almost to Tucson for a good lot. Firebird's fate is still seemingly in the air and not the track M-O is(it's super flat). Inde Motorsports Ranch is the next closest, I'm told it's a nice facility, just it's 3 hours away. Fontana is 4hrs away, Buttonwillow about 6hrs, the rest like Infineon, Laguna and Miller are about a days drive(and Miller is flat as a pancake too).

I'm enjoying the show aspect for now as it's free other than driving to the show but now that my car is about ready to go again I need to get back to the track again.

Yep, generally speaking, it is the dickheads with junk, foreign cars or the diesel trucks that start the stupid shit that either shuts it down or causes those with nice rides to pack up and leave.

While I have nothing against a work in progress, foreign cars or something with a diesel in it, these goofs are usually high or drunk doing stupid shit, and the kids with the diesels think it's cool to cover nice cars with soot.....

That said, this cruise in is every Friday night, in Bevercreek, on St. Rt. 35, it is in the Lofino's grocery lot and the old Eastgate Ford lot. Lofin's is usually grilling and selling food, the Bob Evans next door walks the lot and takes orders to. People start rolling in around 4PM, and leave 8,9,10, or so.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to have a large event without some toolbags showing up.