tranny info on a chevy 1500 1994 truck

gt-titan

A 700r and a 4L60 are basically the same trans. The main difference is the electronics, a lot of the hard parts interchange. A 700r4 will bolt right in, however it isn't going to plug and play with the computer. The early 90s transmissions changed a little almost every year because that was when they were making the switch from mechanical control to electronic and moving towards OBD2. There is a lot of misinformation simply because there isn't a cut and dry way of looking at it, different models changed different years as well.

great info..thank you....if i get the truck i guess ill go from there....i have a 700r tranny.. we are not sure if its even the tranny...it just wont go over 20 mph...i will ask more if i buy it...thanks

A 700r and a 4L60 are basically the same trans. The main difference is the electronics, a lot of the hard parts interchange. A 700r4 will bolt right in, however it isn't going to plug and play with the computer. The early 90s transmissions changed a little almost every year because that was when they were making the switch from mechanical control to electronic and moving towards OBD2. There is a lot of misinformation simply because there isn't a cut and dry way of looking at it, different models changed different years as well.