lawn ?s

Cordell

So I moved into my house about this time last year. When I moved in the grass looked really good, former owner likely paid someone. Well I cannot afford that but would like it to look good. All I did last year was mow it, now there are some dried up patches and dandilions springing up everywhere. What processes and or products have you guys used with some success? Any help would be appreciated.

I posted a thread like this before spring. Didn't get much replies. What I have found is any of the dead areas, remove all dead grass if there are any. Use a metal type rake to remove it. Then I used a cultivator and broke up the dirt, added grass seed with a little lawn top soil. I then used a spreader and went over the whole yard with grass seed/ fertilizer. Grass has been growing like mad in all the dead areas.

I posted a thread like this before spring. Didn't get much replies. What I have found is any of the dead areas, remove all dead grass if there are any. Use a metal type rake to remove it. Then I used a cultivator and broke up the dirt, added grass seed with a little lawn top soil. I then used a spreader and went over the whole yard with grass seed/ fertilizer. Grass has been growing like mad in all the dead areas.

This. I do this once a year for my dad and it ends up looking phenomenal.

A good tip is stop and ask your neighbors close by that have nice looking yards. They are dealing with the same soil and airborne seeds that you are. You can garner good standard methods online, but they may be able to give you some good tips and tricks that are very localized.