Stolen vette?s

Buckeye Bullitt

Hello, been a long time, I never posted a ton but went to several racing events (I have since moved to Boston). Anyway I had a couple of questions I was hoping someone might know the answer to. My father's corvette was stolen a few weeks ago. Fortunately (I guess) it was recovered. It sounds like it is on blocks with the ignition column busted and some interior damage. My dad happens to be out of town when they found it so he has not actually looked at it yet. I was trying to come up with a list of things to make sure he checks on. To look for engine damage I was thinking a leak down and compression test? Make sure the trans is working well. Look for any external/exterior damage. What else am I not thinking of?? I think they were talking about taking it to Bob McDorman chevy (is it called something different now), any reason not to use them or any other place you would recommend? Also, does anyone know if stolen vehicles show up on carfax reports?

They are wanting to get it out of the inpound lot as quickly as possible so the insurance company wanted to get rims/tire replacements ASAP. My dad was thinking about getting some different rims anyway so was thinking about seeing if he could order something other than the stock rims if there were the same price. Since this might take a little bit, does anyone know if vettes have the standard chevy pattern and we could just through something cheap/temporary on there while he orders the rims/tires he wants? Obviously they would have to fit over the brakes, but thought if we could through something on there it might buy a little time.

Thanks, Matt

unrelated: where in Boston are you? I lived in Allston for 2 years, in Kenmore Square for 2, and my sister lives in Somerville now.

I live in East Boston now (near the airport) it is a lot nicer area than it used to be and is still fairly affordable at least for Boston. I lived in Fenway for 2 years when i first moved here. So far we like it up here, but the lack of a garage (and a real car) is killing me.