Golf Lessons/ Instructors

HotCarl

No such thing as a cheap golf lesson. That's why I've never taken one.

ah that's why i said "affordable". I'm not really looking for a 12 week intensive course or anything crazy. Just basics on form and function, I have plenty of friends who play but I want to know the "right" way. I'm going to go shopping at Play It Again for some clubs so I'm not exactly investing a lot of money into it yet.

ah that's why i said "affordable". I'm not really looking for a 12 week intensive course or anything crazy. Just basics on form and function, I have plenty of friends who play but I want to know the "right" way. I'm going to go shopping at Play It Again for some clubs so I'm not exactly investing a lot of money into it yet.

I started playing for the first time last summer and am apparently lucky with a naturally good swing.

I can't give advice on really anything, but I started out just hitting the driving range with some friends trying to keep the basics in mind; don't try to murder the ball, keep your head down, and keep your eye on the ball.

Once I got out on the course, in the beginning I would just move my ball to get a good lie and try to make good contact and build consistency in my swing. A year later and I'm actually picking up the game decently without ever taking a lesson.

I would say take advantage of the friends and have them show you the basics. I think thats how everyone learns really. Start with friends at a range and work your way onto a course and put it all together. Itll be a slow process, but youll get ahold of it with time.

I would say take advantage of the friends and have them show you the basics. I think thats how everyone learns really. Start with friends at a range and work your way onto a course and put it all together. Itll be a slow process, but youll get ahold of it with time.

unless your friends are golf pros, you're going to pick up bad habits. i play recreationally and when i lived in akron i took a lesson at one of the local courses. i think it was $50 for an hour or something at the driving range...then it was $75 for a ride along lesson(instructor goes out with you to play 9 and teaches you on the course).

learned a few new things, saw a few things i was doing wrong. it's not a bad idea. might take another one soon, haven't been out on the course much last year...i can feel myself getting pretty rusty.

I have a buddy who played in D1 college golf...he offered me lessons last week for $20 a lesson, haha. I didn't take him up on it, but if you want his advice, I'd be happy to connect you guys.

He is damn good. I played with him once and I think that is why he offered me lessons, haha.