Buck531

So a guy at work says his ..

brake lights don't work

dash doesn't light up

wipers don't work

horn

ABS randomly kicking in.

a lot of other electrical crap.

I'm going to be safe to assume it's the turn signal switch right?

He is throwing a code but I don't think it has anything to do with the above.

So with all these issues and vague description what are you hopeing to get out of this thread?

Serious question. Tell the guy to start looking for pinched harnesses or signs of broken wires. Signjs of some animal making a home in the car. Or maybe the car is just a big POS.

I was hoping someone had seen this before. I had thought it was the turn signal switch but now I'm second guessing myself.

I'm not sure how much more detail I can give you though. Shit just doesn't work I guess. I haven't looked at the car for more than 10 seconds. If you think it might be a ground I can start looking at that. If it might be something else (like the switch) I can have him replace that. Just looking for some ideas on where to start.

I honestly don't feel like fucking with it. I'll probably tell him to go to a shop and have them look at it. I hate electrical issues let alone shit that isn't mine.

In my Lincoln everything went through the turn signal lever, as you described, when one went bad weird stuff happened.

However, with the fault description, you need a magic 8 ball to know for sure. Or take it to the dealer and pay a diagnostic fee, then fix whatever is wrong at home.

Well on a 95 w-body the turn signal switch is in the column which might explain the brake lights, but the turn signal stock is seperate with the wipers and cruise on it. So like I said if it isn't fubar'd wiring it has more then one issue.