Anyone know a good method for getting used motor oil out of clothes? oO

Slimpsy1647545505

Soooo, I changed my mower's oil and somehow the pan got flipped up inside a box of sentimental clothes in the garage, spilling used oil all over them (dresses and such from when my girls were babies). Needless to say I'm in the dog house and she is quite upset.

I've researched some online and a lot of people are saying dawn dish soap or gojo??

I just wanted to get some actual opinions before ruining them further, lol.

Thanks to any and all help/advice. =)

Why would you have sentimental clothes just hanging around in the garage?

I dunno.. Maybe try Oxyclean? Billy Mays said it worked (didn't do shit to the red stain in my carpet though).

Why would you have sentimental clothes just hanging around in the garage?

I dunno.. Maybe try Oxyclean? Billy Mays said it worked (didn't do shit to the red stain in my carpet though).

LoL, indeed.

Ya we bought this house in September and just didn't realize it was still in a box in garage I guess.

Not hoarding though, it's just like first dresses and such, shit the wife wants to keep for whatever reason. Good times.

LoL, indeed.

Ya we bought this house in September and just didn't realize it was still in a box in garage I guess.

Not hoarding though, it's just like first dresses and such, shit the wife wants to keep for whatever reason. Good times.

that's how it starts. Fiancee was wanting to keep certain outfits of our sons. No fucking way. Don't fit, don't need lol

First of all, the stain needs to be removed correctly at the first try. Second washing would not do much.

The principle is to gradually remove oils until it's something easily removed by detergent.

So, the spilled oil needs to be thinned out. I would use WD40 or the likes. Don't throw them in the washer, but do this outside. Spray all the motor oil until it's "replaced" by WD40 and the run down is clear.

Next, you will need even lighter oil or mild petroleum-based solvent. Goof Off or Goo Gone will work, but depending on the delicacy of the garment, Stoner's Tarminator might be a better choice. Make sure all WD40 has been "replaced".

I would wait for several minutes for the excess to evaporate then throw the garments in the washer with hot or very warm water. Double dose the detergent and set it at the longest agitating cycle; repeat the cycle 2-3x, if need be, then let the washer runs through. Repeat if they still smell like the light oil/solvent.

Good luck.