Good weed killer for flowerbed?

Diamonds

I have a flower bed in the front of my house that seems to always sprout weeds.

My goal is to pull the weeds and lay down weed killer or vegetation killer depending on what you recommend.

What is the proper technique to pull the weeds and what type of killing agent should I use to make sure they don't come back.

I have spent the past 3 years merely spraying the weeds with roundup and it doesn't do any good, so then I started pulling the weeds dead or alive and the flower bed would look clean for a week max. Then weeds would start to pop up again.

Please give me your best advice. I want to pull my hair out.

snapshot , freehand and preen are all flower bed pre emergents to prevent weeds from germinating. These products will not kill existing weeds. Usually apply them early spring and sometimes in the fall. Snapsot is the better one for thistles. The product is not cheap though. Preen is ok just not as good as the commercial products such as snapshot and freehand. Each spring we apply snapshot to our customers yards that back up to the muirfield golf course. I take no chances with these yards and do all i can to prevent the weeds. It has proven to be about the best out there.

Pull all existing weeds.

Put down PREEN.

Water.

Put down a covering of Flower Bed Fabric.

Cut slits in fabric to plant flowers.

Water.

Put down mulch.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

I hate that dam flower bed fabric. Once the weeds start to grow thru that stuff it is a real pain to work with.