250k GTR Build.

Buck531

The read is interesting. Trying. to. resist. CTD joke...

Shortly after my email, I am told the car is getting very close to being completed. Sharif tells me that we should wait for the Motec and it will be ready very soon. He said the Cobb software was not capable of handling the high hp GT-R’s safely and we really need to run the Motec. He tells me that he will get one before the official release date and expects it to arrive August 14th, 2012. I ended up waiting for the Motec for 3 months while Sharif told me every time I talked to him that it was only 1-2 weeks away. I even recall getting told it was about to ship out, yet it never did. Finally, I get fed up with waiting near the end of November of 2012, and ask Sharif to tune the car on Cobb.

I ready the whole Jalopnik article...it honestly looks to me like this guy is setting up the shop to take 100% of the blame.

The welds don't look bad at all and the guy is complaining about them. Forged has offered numerous times to fix the car and he isn't responding.

Forged fucked up, big time. However, it seems to me like they are trying to help. That could also be because it went to viral they are afraid for their business.

I have been reading some of it from jalopnik. Honestly all shops make mistakes, its how the shop then handles the issues and makes sure the customer is happy with the end results.

yeap.. And FP dropped the ball on this one, it kind of snow balled out of control fast.

Who's the tard- the guy that takes on a GTR build a bit over their head-or the rich tard that gets rapes by a shop, and goes back for more? I don’t know if I necessarily feel bad for this guy-there seem to be no place in my heart for rich guys with cool cars that are not “car people”, especially since it seems Forged did make attempts to rectify the issue.

Wiggs is the epitome of this type of douchey person.

Wiggs is the epitome of this type of douchey person.

The only thing Wiggs has in his favor right now is that the lambo in progress (I refuse to call it by the name he has given it) is his OWN car. If it were a customers car, I would hope the owner would have already sued.

Wiggs is still one of the biggest assclowns I have ever met.

-Marc

I see it time and again on the boards where people are unhappy with a shop and then try to "ruin" them by posting threads. Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesn't. What I've noticed most have in common are mistakes made by BOTH parties. This guy is no exception. I'm sure the shop isn't 100% in the clear.....judging from those pictures there's a few things that could've been done better but that's the way it goes when you have other people work on your shit. $250k buys a lot of tools and how to manuals.

I see it time and again on the boards where people are unhappy with a shop and then try to "ruin" them by posting threads. Sometimes it works....sometimes it doesn't. What I've noticed most have in common are mistakes made by BOTH parties. This guy is no exception. I'm sure the shop isn't 100% in the clear.....judging from those pictures there's a few things that could've been done better but that's the way it goes when you have other people work on your shit. $250k buys a lot of tools and how to manuals.

If you have a job that allows you to spend $250k modding a car, chances are you don't have time to mod it yourself. you're working 6-7 days a week and 80 hours a week--ask me how I know. Especially a car that is this complicated, should not be handled by a novice.

And he spent $250k over the course of four years. He spent about $100k on two separate turbo/tranny builds, before the major debacle, that seemingly went fine--the article is a bit misleading. Yeah, maybe he should have kept a closer eye on the shop, pulled his car out sooner, etc etc etc. it doesn't change the fact that the shop royally and permanently fucked the car. And they've only agreed to work on it once the thread went viral---would you take your car back there after you discovered what they did?

I would be asking for a full refund and a new gtr

If you have a job that allows you to spend $250k modding a car, chances are you don't have time to mod it yourself. you're working 6-7 days a week and 80 hours a week--ask me how I know. Especially a car that is this complicated, should not be handled by a novice.

And he spent $250k over the course of four years. He spent about $100k on two separate turbo/tranny builds, before the major debacle, that seemingly went fine--the article is a bit misleading. Yeah, maybe he should have kept a closer eye on the shop, pulled his car out sooner, etc etc etc. it doesn't change the fact that the shop royally and permanently fucked the car. And they've only agreed to work on it once the thread went viral---would you take your car back there after you discovered what they did?

I would be asking for a full refund and a new gtr

+1. I came here to post this.