WTB: "Spirited" daily - 4k and under

ImUrOBGYN

Oh can't believe I almost forgot---

93-97 LT1 F-body! Pro: SLA suspension, good brakes, good engine, great transmission, good stereo (if 10 speaker equipped), more utility than you would think

cons: pretty heavy, weak rear but only if you drag race and many solutions out there- cheap build quality, hard to work on engine, lots of gm quirks (power window motors, t-top seals, headlight motors, but the f-body infobase is huge so the fixes are well documented..

A 1LE model would be best but rare.

My '96 Formula was a lot of fun- the 5.0 mustang was much more fun but I had a lot more money in mods in the mustang.. My brother-in law is 6'7 and he fit in my f-body much better than my old notchback.

Yes, the 240 in good condition (trustworthy) that isnt someone's project is hard to find and I'm not a fan of Camaros and T/A's and can't afford a vette. lol Though I agree about the drivetrains.

Considered but genuinely concerned about the oil starvation thing. I do quite a bit of twisty back road driving. Even a daily. That big of a deal? I had held off looking at them but I can add it if need be.

Do they come in a manual?

Would you mind sending me some pics?

Send me your cell number and ill send a few.

Oh can't believe I almost forgot---

93-97 LT1 F-body! Pro: SLA suspension, good brakes, good engine, great transmission, good stereo (if 10 speaker equipped), more utility than you would think

cons: pretty heavy, weak rear but only if you drag race and many solutions out there- cheap build quality, hard to work on engine, lots of gm quirks (power window motors, t-top seals, headlight motors, but the f-body infobase is huge so the fixes are well documented..

A 1LE model would be best but rare.

My '96 Formula was a lot of fun- the 5.0 mustang was much more fun but I had a lot more money in mods in the mustang.. My brother-in law is 6'7 and he fit in my f-body much better than my old notchback.

Post #10

Be honest, had an old Mustang before and don't really want the Camaro or the inevitable headaches of the 3000 or rx7.

Lock it, please, if need be. Found a car. Thank you all for participating.

I ended up with a 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT. For those who don't know, it's basically a reskinned Toytoa Matrix with the GTS 180hp motor and 6sp w/upgraded suspension and brakes over the base models. Plus, a few other cool little options, like a built in plug for your laptop or whatever and other little shits. Every single thing works on it. Needs new tires. No major wear and tear on exterior/interior. Even all the damn speakers work. Bought it about 2k under book from an older gentleman just inside the Indiana border.

Fun, useful daily... with an 8200rpm redline. Admittedly, you have to really work it when you want it to behave like something other than an econo car. But that's the whole point, I guess. haha