Bought a hog yesterday

-Alex-

A little background, I bought my first street bike back in February to get my feet wet and have something to tinker with in the garage between cars. Ended up finding a cherry all original '77 KZ650 at a dealership and did a mild cafe build on it. It still needs some bars, and lowered a bit more to satisfy me, but after yesterday I doubt I'll do anything else but sell it.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/2BA9F2FA-E034-49C5-9CDB-AD263C7DDBBC-121-00000000AD548CF5_zps833f3a56.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/9EE3454D-8BC9-4D3B-B126-C6F7BE894F2E-9955-00000BE076327988_zpsd9796712.jpg

Saturday a friend of mine said he was ready to sell his Harley to prepare to move to Florida. I have been looking at Nightsters, but was still having a blast on my KZ so I wasn't in any rush. After looking at his bike yesterday and being told a Sportster price, I bought it and I'm in love.

2008 Street Bob with 5k miles. Had a passenger seat and sissy bar which I removed as soon as I got it home. Planning on doing a few small cheap things (flip the mirrors, lower the front fender, shorter shocks, etc.) I think they'll make a big difference and keep me happy for a while. Supposedly one of the Ricart brothers bought it new, then my buddy bought it at their dealership last year. Anybody know what pipes are on it? I'm thinking about switching to black V&H Short Shots but would like to know what's already on it if I sell them.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/mcwilliams1/867EA142-3A93-4B58-A029-59F0D87708B5-9955-00000BE0A6A82BCE_zps73e5f9ab.jpg

What will you be doing with the KZ?

I'm selling it, realistically it won't get ridden much at all anymore. I have a few locals who have said they're interested in it, but if they fall through I'll make a listing. The way I did everything is completely reversible and the white is Plastidip, so it could be back to 100% stock in a weekend easily. I actually have a second '77 as well with a title. It's complete, but disassembled and the frame has been bobbed and some brackets cut off. I figured I'd offer it to whoever buys the nice KZ first, but if they don't want it, it will be a cheap project bike ready for a winter build.

Thanks guys. A friend stopped by last night, rode the KZ to the end of the street, came back and said he'd take it. I really enjoy riding it and wanted to finish the cafe build, but he has the same vision for it and this will give me some space and cash for the Harley. Also, I have a second '77 KZ650 I bought from a friend that already had a nice start to a cafe bike, just a little rougher before I bought the all original one. It was completely disassembled and ended up being used as a donor for the nice bike, but my friend buying the nice KZ doesn't want the donor, so it looks like I might do a real bare bones cafe build on it this fall/winter. I got it cheap, and with the small profit I'm making on the nice KZ, I'm essentially in it for free.