Another: Clay's still needs a car

Xyster101

Hey, Max...I would definitely get a C5. Hands down, the easiest to make go fast or REALLY fast and the aftermarket support is ridonk.

Don't even bother with the Z06: get a coupe so you can enjoy the targa top, and do some light performance bolt-ons.

Sad to hear the Mr. Two is gone...your bish-a$$ leaving OH was painful enough. :(

My problem with the Corvette is that consumables for the track are not cheaper...... over 305 section tires, brake pads go quickly (lots of speed requires lots of brakes) and 10" wide wheels are NOT cheap again... Otherwise, I think the C5 is a fantastic choice

Always disappointing to hear someone reject a great car for dubious reasons, but to each their own.

Dubious? What do you mean by that? I explained why I do want a Fwd car. What reason can you give me to get an integra? Less power then my mr2, slower then acorvette , Fwd, and blends in.

What do you drive Greg?

Thought about e30 Rich, but yours is always broken.

Dubious? What do you mean by that? I explained why I do want a Fwd car. What reason can you give me to get an integra? Less power then my mr2, slower then acorvette , Fwd, and blends in.

What do you drive Greg?

Thought about e30 Rich, but yours is always broken.

the only thing that's ever actually broken on my E36 in my ownership has been a clutch master cylinder (or clutch pivot pin or clutch fork...still haven't worked on it LOL)....

the radiator hose popping off was my doing

and yes, I'm considering even my old E36, which BTW is still kicking hard at 175k miles and counting under current ownership in KY

527773_10200456780240919_1947981101_n.jpg

Easy to drive at the limit, easy on consumables (205/50R15s are cheeeap, brakes are small), 4 wheel double wishbones, critically acclaimed transmission, same power-to-weight ratio as an E36 M3, sweet 8500 rpm redline, dead nuts reliable, limited slip, and you want to talk about aftermarket support that's better than Integras? Get out of town.

It's faster than a 350Z, against an S2000 or an E36 M3 it's a driver's race. It's slower than a C5 but not by much, and you're going to spend less on consumables than any of those cars. On top of all that, it's just one of the most pleasant, fun to drive cars ever made in its price range.

Really the only reasons not to get it are because you want to drift, you don't fit, you're afraid of theft (a very reasonable concern), or you have an anti-FWD bias.

I've been hustling a FWD car around tracks for 6 years, the FWD thing ain't that big of a deal.

Oh, so I'm a horse now? Is that because of my giant dick or my bad teeth?

Frickin' anti-equites. :) Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread with the internet's 50 billionth FWD argument. If anyone wants to hear me wax poetic about FWD handling they can PM me. Or come to Mid-O next Monday, I'll give you a ride.

Oh, so I'm a horse now? Is that because of my giant dick or my bad teeth?

Frickin' anti-equites. :) Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread with the internet's 50 billionth FWD argument. If anyone wants to hear me wax poetic about FWD handling they can PM me. Or come to Mid-O next Monday, I'll give you a ride.

I am not saying Fwd cars are not great and fast, but I want a rwd. I love how you assume I drift. I have never done a drifting event, but I will admit to hanging the rear end out from time to time. I drove a speed 3 and Civic at the track, I did not enjoy how much work, left foot braking and tire heat on the front's created. I hustle my Civic and friends speed 3 and they push like hell. How does one make it turn? Braking. In rwd car the gas turns the car.

So back on topic, Fwd are great DD but I want a real sports car. Not Fwd, not automatic, traction control off, a driver car.

I'm sure your fast and the integrated is a great car. Anything at the track will be a blast, but I did the mr2 thing, I have tried the Fwd. I have a few cars in my sights and this thread was intended to learn about those cars I am interested in.