On3 Turbo Kit

WideOpenThrottle

I know tons of people have done these but what's the best setup to go with in general? I'm running it with 50K mile 95 Cobra motor, GT40 heads, B cam, Accufab throttle body. What turbo should I go for?

Master Power 70mm?

On 3 Performance 67mm Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo $389

On 3 Performance 76mm Journal Bearing Turbo $125

On 3 Performance 76mm Ceramic Ball Bearing Turbo $419

The car will just be a weekend warrior. Hoping to get 450 at the wheels, but will be content with 400. and budget... 2k? I already have the turbo kit so I think 2 K in upgrades is reasonable? If not I got more. And any other tips would help. Thanks

Edited by WideOpenThrottle

Isn't he a sponsor or at least member on here? Maybe he can chime in with some of the "behind the scenes" of the turbo's. I was considering purchasing one of his, but then saw the price, and did a quick google search, and changed my mind. Not going further than that, if you want to know more, I'm sure a quick google search will yield similar results.

From my understanding those are more like upgrade prices. Like the base is what comes with the kit most places probably charge 350 for and then you pick the 76BB so the take the original 350 plus the 419 and thats essentially the price you're paying is 769. At least that's ny understanding

Isn't he a sponsor or at least member on here? Maybe he can chime in with some of the "behind the scenes" of the turbo's. I was considering purchasing one of his, but then saw the price, and did a quick google search, and changed my mind. Not going further than that, if you want to know more, I'm sure a quick google search will yield similar results.

I'll do some research. I was hoping to see if anyone .as some first hand experience with the turbos and their results. Thanks for the insight

This is for a 76mm turbo. I did a quick search and didn't find any info on what kind of bearings were being utilized. From the way he makes it sound on there is that it would be $179 or so for customers purchasing a turbo kit from he already. I hate to say it, but if you already bought a turbo from him and used it on your current, I seriously doubt he will give you the "upgrade" price> Unless he is taking the old turbo's in and rebuilding them and selling them as used/re-manufactured.

Just my $.02.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/On-3-Performance-76mm-Turbo-Camaro-LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-LSX-Camaro-Trans-Am-6-0l-5-3l-/140987705757?pt=Race_Car_Parts&hash=item20d385a99d&vxp=mtr

Now that I'm thinking of it, I'm 99% sure he is a member on here. PM him and see what the deal is on these things. I'm sure he will be more than happy to help, especially someone somewhat local.

I run his 76mm on my car, no issues at all. I have about 3000 miles on it so far. Just checked it yesterday, no shaft play what so ever and no oil leaks anywhere. Bill and Eric were very impressed with the power and quality of these turbos for the money.

I wouldn't go any smaller then a 76. On E85 your goals should be easily attainable. Sam's old BMW w/ 5.0L swap similar mods as you and with Chad's kit made 5xxrwhp through an auto.

It wasnt one of chads kits, but similar mods and a 72mm turbo. At 22# it might have made 618rwhp. :)

Guest GMoney
On3's standard turbo will more than make your 450whp goal. If you plan to go bigger later then upgrade but the standard turbo will make your goal without a sweat.

On3's standard turbo will more than make your 450whp goal. If you plan to go bigger later then upgrade but the standard turbo will make your goal without a sweat.

+1

I only ran a 72mm and at 9lbs the car got to your goals.

My camaro is clean as hell just picked up chads ac fbody kit and a 76mm. The prices he listed are upgrades to the kit price. I believe the 76mm bb turbo is 800 by itself. Wich is similar to the turbonetics budget line and master power. He also has a line of larger turbos he can tell u about. But they are monsters!

I am a sponsor, I just dont think they added it to my name for some reason. The On 3 70mm journal turbo will easily get you to your goal. We have ran that on my daily driven 2v 02 gt since 2008, 27,000 miles and going as strong as day one. Anything can happen but if you maintain and setup the turbo properly, its going to last and get you to your goal easily.

If you wanted to spend a little more, the 67 ceramic ball bearing turbo would be a good option for you as well. Its just really what your wanting to spend and what your going for with the car. The 76mm at 400 is going to be a little overkill but if you have plans to build the car and push it past that goal, you could go that route. I have the 76mm on my 98 Camaro and just running 6psi on that car. I would guess we are a little over your goal and still comes into boost quick and running the .96 housing.

Any other questions you might have, just shoot me a message or Ill check back

I only know one person who runs the kit and his car is pretty beast and is in the mid 10's. Is anyone running the 67BB and 76BB on GT40 motors and what kind of number? There's only a thirty dollar difference in price, so I say why not go big? Wouldn't lower PSI be better on the turbo, and still put out good HP numbers?

And most 5.0 blocks give around 550 but I've seen them hold over 600 for months before. It all depends on how well they are built and if you're lucky!