Need old school gas can spouts...look inside.

Berto

So I posted this on facebook, so sorry for those that are seeing this repeated but figured this was a big enough deal everybody should know.

As you know years ago emissions regulations made fuel cans go to a new style valve in 2009 which are a pain in the but. The damn valves leak when you are pouring and are in general a pain in the but. I had 2 old style cans with cracked spouts over the years. Well I was strolling through rural king looking for something unrelated and stumbled upon these which are the old style. They have 2 different pitches included in the kit so it should work for just about any can. I was so stoked. I am going to go back tomorrow and pick up a few more.

http://www.ruralking.com/ez-pour-replacement-spout-kit.html

Enjoy.

I was expecting to see a metal spout....to me that's old school. :D I would love to find one of the old square metal gas cans with the metal spout. My brother turns 50 this fall and he's mentioned many many times over the last few years that he wished he had one. Be a perfect gift for him. I've been watching ebay but no luck yet finding one.

Walmart sells those things all day long as oil/tranny fluid flex. They are on same shelves with the funnels and drip pans...

i never thought to look into just switching the nozzle...i just figured i was doomed to have those shitty "safety" ones the rest of my life. now i'm all excited to go to walmart. :fuckyeah:

I bought one of the Wedco spouts that was linked above on ebay. Worked great on a little gas can I bought at Advance Auto Parts.

However, you can go to Jegs and buy a "utility jug" from them and a spout. (They can't call them fuel jugs because then they would be illegal to sell as such.) They work great. But of course, I'd never put fuel in them ;) . I have several of those.