Scrap Circuitry

jeffro

So we have a few hundred PCs here at work that we are trying to decide what to do with. Half of them are old GX series dells, P4, little if any ram. They work but might be better for their scrap value. The other half are HPs. Hyper threaded P4s with 512-1gb ram. They also work and might be better selling complete.

So what do i do here? Were trying to raise funds for other IT projects, such as a wireless infrastructure and possibly some projectors, but i have no idea where to begin with this stuff. I tried pricing out scrap motherboards on ebay and was getting varying prices. The HPs are going for 20-30 bucks a piece but id have to list them all individually. Is there anywhere local that buys this stuff? I know there are folks who want the gold out of them.

Any SATA hdd's? Mine is dying don't really care about size

P$'s, those would all be IDE huh

more than likely if they are P4

actually they were the late series 3.4ghz p4s. These particular computers came with IDE CD-RW, DVD-ROMs and 80gb SATA hdds. if 80 gb is big enough you can have one. Id need to format it first.

On a side note, if anyone needs 190 120MM case fans, 190 CD-ROMS, few hundred sticks of 512 ram, let me know. Id be interested in selling in bulk.

I've got a guy who deals in this exact type of business.

Contact Darryl @ eq2suppliers@gmail.com. He's local and he could 1) take your business 2) point you in the direction of someone who could 3) be available for future needs. i just called him briefed him on this thread...feel free to reference "Sturg" in the email.

Edited by Sturg

• 3 weeks later...

Keeping this thread updated for those interested in future projects.

Friday june 14th i called up this company based here in Columbus http://www.ait-recycle.com/. we scheduled a pickup time of the following monday afternoon. Pickup was free of charge.

Its been over a week as of today and i hadnt heard anything back from them. Gave them a call and the gentleman on the phone said it would likely be another couple of weeks before things even get weighed. Kind of concerning. Will post again when i hear back.

• 1 month later...

Next time you may consider donating them to a public school system or retirement home. Some places will take even old systems as they give them out to people who can't afford a PC since an old one is better than none at all.

Retirement homes put skype on to allow video chat with family and school systems let kids tear into them to see how they work.