Moving with a CCW license

gaewsky1

I'm moving in the next two weeks. Going from Licking to Delaware County. How do I notify the Licking County Sheriff? By going in, phone call, or in writing?

Once I notify the Licking Sheriff am I issued a new CCW license for Delaware County? Or do I need to go to the Delaware Sheriff and let them know too?

Tried searching online and didn't find a clear answer. I know someone here has the correct answer. Thanks for the replies.

I'm aware of the laws but the part on notifying aren't very clear.

Be careful when it comes to laws.

Delaware/Licking county may or may not care. That action applied to a less ccw-friendly county could be very bad.

(A) A concealed handgun license that is issued under section 2923.125 of the Revised Code shall expire five years after the date of issuance. A licensee who has been issued a license under that section shall be granted a grace period of thirty days after the licensee's license expires during which the licensee's license remains valid. Except as provided in divisions (B) and © of this section, a licensee who has been issued a concealed handgun license under section 2923.125 or 2923.1213 of the Revised Code may carry a concealed handgun anywhere in this state if the licensee also carries a valid license and valid identification when the licensee is in actual possession of a concealed handgun. The licensee shall give notice of any change in the licensee's residence address to the sheriff who issued the license within forty-five days after that change.

Good referencing that. What it doesn't detail is how to give notice. Now I completely get LEO don't know all the laws, I understand that. I called both my issuing and my moving to county sheriffs. Both were very, sir you're fine and no need to do anything. I don't think they have a way to track it and assume the BMV will pick up the slack when you renew your Drivers License or renew tags.

^ Absolutely. I think the "how" is left up to the respective county sheriffs... In our cases that seems to be nothing at all. :)

Montgomery County's web site (for instance) says it has to be done in writing with a photocopy of the permit.

I'd just hate to see someone get their ccw revoked over something silly like that, so if anyone from Dayton/Toledo/etc reads this ... please check with your county sheriff's office!

No need to notify. They don't care and will treat you like that. It's a good gesture that many have discussed. I have spoke with the Sheriffs about this in 2 county's, and I just moved recently.

Called Licking County (the county that issued the license) and Delaware County (where I'm moving). Both said the same thing, as long as I change the address on my driver's license, they will see the record of it. No need to notify Sheriff.

Mojoe was correct. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Good referencing that. What it doesn't detail is how to give notice. Now I completely get LEO don't know all the laws, I understand that. I called both my issuing and my moving to county sheriffs. Both were very, sir you're fine and no need to do anything. I don't think they have a way to track it and assume the BMV will pick up the slack when you renew your Drivers License or renew tags.

They do have a tracking/ log of the whole thing. But you are correct as long as you notify the BMV then it will get updated.