WTB: autocross tires

Ryan218

im going to try my hand at autocross on the 23rd. this will be my first time at an autocross event actually running. done a few ride along's and such. was curious to see if anyone had a set of autocross tires laying around that would be getting really close to having no life left that I could pick up for cheap to give this a try and make sure im going to enjoy it before I drop 1k on a new set of Hoosier a6's

car is question. a bone stock 2000 mustang GT. it has a miss matched set of tires on it now and the rears are a very hard compound. the only thing there good for is Smokey burnouts. worse case ill run what I got and ill just make do.

My advice is to run whatever you have. Get to know the sport and your car for a while. The best thing you can do is focus on your driving instead of thinking about what parts would help. Once you have some seat time and your tires are really holding you back (which will probably take many events), then start thinking about what parts are appropriate for whatever class you may want to be in.

FYI - I'll be your friendly neighborhood Novice Coordinator for the event on the 23rd. Be sure to attend the novice walk :thumbup:

You didn't mention sizes, but I have a set of 235/40-17s Falken azenis 615s.

Probaly would want something 245/45-50/17

Those could work though. I'm not 100% on recommend side wall size ect.

My advice is to run whatever you have. Get to know the sport and your car for a while. The best thing you can do is focus on your driving instead of thinking about what parts would help. Once you have some seat time and your tires are really holding you back (which will probably take many events), then start thinking about what parts are appropriate for whatever class you may want to be in.

FYI - I'll be your friendly neighborhood Novice Coordinator for the event on the 23rd. Be sure to attend the novice walk :thumbup:

Yes I do plan to do all that. So I know where in going lol.

My big reason for wanting a different set of tires is the ones on it now are hard as can be and do nothing by spin. Maybe is be better off just picking up some take offs and save the extra money towards a new set like you said after I get some seat time.