Weed Trimmer

RS69

Landscapers (Erik,Anthony,Shanton/etc)

I need a good gas string type of weed trimmer. I have a sears one previously. I need a good one for upkeep of my yard. I am willing to spend around $300. I am thinking a Stihl or Husqvarna(I love my chain saw). What model or brand should I get?

Thanks,

Rick

Edited by RS69

I didn't want to drop much, but just bought a Troy built (ready for CR to say............. F@#$ Troy built) i'm happy with it. Got it at Lowes for $89 with the service plan. I think they are normally $149

It's light and has what I needed for 3 acres of trimming.

I didn't want to drop much, but just bought a Troy built (ready for CR to say............. F@#$ Troy built) i'm happy with it. Got it at Lowes for $89 with the service plan. I think they are normally $149

It's light and has what I needed for 3 acres of trimming.

I bought a Troybuilt almost 10 years ago, I replaced the fuel line once but it still works fine. So I have to agree with this.

Now if you are going to use the shit out of it maybe the extra expense will be worth it, but I refuse to pay more then twice as much when I can get 10 years out of a basic one.

I have a Craftsman, it is one of the bigger models they offer.... thing runs great! I've never had a problem with it and it always starts, even with gas from last fall, it started right up this spring.

Whatever I can find at yard sales.

True story: I bought a push mower at a yard sale for 20 bucks and it's over 15 years old and it has not broken down at all and runs better than the 5 year old Craftsman mower we have.