e-Tags

Draco-REX

I actually rather like the idea... instead of having electronic billboards saying "Amber alert: Silver Nissan Rogue w/ plate ABC1234", just having the plate itself flashing "HELP ME CALL POLICE", along with the mentioned suspended/revoked license or insurance... would go a lot further in getting deadbeats off the road than our party plates do.

Would get hacked too easily, whole state gets reprogrammed to very kind words.

But then there's this... and hilarity ensues :masturboy:

Pro tip: They say how much it'll cost in the video.

So I what you pay $50-100 for plates now that cost $3.00 to make. So logic would say if we have to buy $100.00 plates they would cost a lot more than that.

Interesting idea maybe in 20-30 years. I see this working better as a standard on cars one day, not a way for the BMV to rape us.

Interesting idea maybe in 20-30 years. I see this working better as a standard on cars one day, not a way for the BMV to rape us.

I could go for that... maybe lock the "plate" to the VIN, and include the VIN as part of the encryption key. Should *hopefully* cut down on the hacking :gabe:

I could go for that... maybe lock the "plate" to the VIN, and include the VIN as part of the encryption key. Should *hopefully* cut down on the hacking :gabe:

Nothing cuts down on hacking. The more available something is and the harder you try to keep people out, the more it will be broken.