AC Recharge??

Gergwheel1647545492

Lots of things can cause your A/C to not work, just having the wrong amount in it will keep it from having the correct pressures and even turning on in the first pla. Your question should've been "who can diag my non-working A/C system?". I could look at it, but I don't have my own equipment for evac and recovery to do it outside of work and that's not really a good deal. You could start with whether the cmpressor kicks on or not.

Lots of things can cause your A/C to not work, just having the wrong amount in it will keep it from having the correct pressures and even turning on in the first pla. Your question should've been "who can diag my non-working A/C system?". I could look at it, but I don't have my own equipment for evac and recovery to do it outside of work and that's not really a good deal. You could start with whether the cmpressor kicks on or not.

the compressor definitely kicks on. I'm pretty sure it just needs more coolant, but i don't want to fuck it up, so i would like to actually hook it up to a machine/gauges and see what is going on.

the compressor definitely kicks on. I'm pretty sure it just needs more coolant, but i don't want to fuck it up, so i would like to actually hook it up to a machine/gauges and see what is going on.

You could have fucked it up by shooting a can of refridgerant in.

Worst invention ever. Midas was running a 99$ special that's who recharged my Dakota after I repaired the line that caused it all to leak out.

ok so, what i wanted from this thread was some vendor to post up and say "we have a special for $40 and will recharge your system"

Who can do that?

I don't think your understanding. If someone posted that for 40$ they would recharge your system , you would be in the same boat if there is a leak.

You need it diagnosed. Not recharged.

I don't think your understanding. If someone posted that for 40$ they would recharge your system , you would be in the same boat if there is a leak.

You need it diagnosed. Not recharged.

well first i need to make sure it holds a vacuum and then if it does then it can be recharged :gabe:

You're not listening to anything but what you want to hear anyways

oh really? have you recommended a shop? perhaps a price that you have paid at said shop for the same service that I need (i.e. diag of leak)?

Can someone lock and delete this thread please, its useless

It's not useless. And I'll agree if you had a recharge done 3 years ago it's quite possible that you have a minute leak, and it may last 3 years again on a recharge.....or the leak could be worse now over time and could last three hours.....I guess it's your choice to play the odds. Easiest way to charge properly is to recover any refrigerant left, attempt to pull a vacuum and weigh in the proper refrigerant charge....no guessing if it's right.

It's not useless. And I'll agree if you had a recharge done 3 years ago it's quite possible that you have a minute leak, and it may last 3 years again on a recharge.....or the leak could be worse now over time and could last three hours.....I guess it's your choice to play the odds. Easiest way to charge properly is to recover any refrigerant left, attempt to pull a vacuum and weigh in the proper refrigerant charge....no guessing if it's right.

This is exactly what im trying to get from this thread. I want someone with a A/C machine to pull all the refrigerant out and see if it will hold a vacuum. if it does, then I would like to put some in, if it doesn't then we will look into other options.

This is exactly what im trying to get from this thread. I want someone with a A/C machine to pull all the refrigerant out and see if it will hold a vacuum. if it does, then I would like to put some in, if it doesn't then we will look into other options.

Holding a vacuum is great, but usually doesn't prove anything. If it takes more then a couple days to leak refridgerant why would it show much vacuum loss in a half an hour test? Just make sure dye gets added to the system when whoever recharges it. Would also be a good idea to have someone go over it with a leak sniffer to double check for leaks.