Texas Invitational Turbo T/A

Buck531

How does that car beat all the other cars. Is 1200 hp just "bullshitting" them and actually makes more than that?

Power under the curve and it works better. Auto car with a turbo will also stay in boost between shifts.

It's the same reason my car was working over other cars with 100-200 less HP.

Power under the curve and it works better. Auto car with a turbo will also stay in boost between shifts.

Gold star for you sir!

Some people get hung up on dyno numbers and ignore the dyno data.

Gold star for you sir!

Some people get hung up on dyno numbers and ignore the dyno data.

I used to get a lot of crap because how well my car would run at the track vs. the mods and dyno numbers I had. When the torque curve is more like a dome, and your converter/gears match up well, you can 60 and run out the end well without needing supra power figures. :p

How does that car beat all the other cars. Is 1200 hp just "bullshitting" them and actually makes more than that?

There's so much more than hp #'s. Not only is the info quoted below a reason but for other reasons, as well.

Driver

Usable hp, ie; traction, power curve/torque curve

Gearing - transmission, rear end, tire size

Auto vs Manual

Weight of vehicles

Suspension setup

Whoever got the jump first helps obviously

Every single thing that happens physically when you hit the gas is due to power from your car. This includes even the flex of your suspension, bushings, frame flex, motor mount/motor movement, etc. Every little bit that doesn't go to the pavement or is being used to put said power to the ground is a waste of power created by your engine. Of course, now we're getting into smaller shit. Anyway, there's just so much that goes into it. This is just off the top of my head. This is why letting someone know your hp isn't neccessarily showing all your cards.

Oh, let's not forget the guy said the power was easily adjustable given the race he was in. Nice thing about boost and/or nitrous.

I used to get a lot of crap because how well my car would run at the track vs. the mods and dyno numbers I had. When the torque curve is more like a dome, and your converter/gears match up well, you can 60 and run out the end well without needing supra power figures. :p

i thought the idea was you don't "go" until you reach the light. no?

he was in it a couple hundred feet before the light.

i've never roll-raced. but isn't the idea both cars maintain a certain speed then go? not one car going 60 and the other (T/A) going 80mph

i thought the idea was you don't "go" until you reach the light. no?

he was in it a couple hundred feet before the light.

i've never roll-raced. but isn't the idea both cars maintain a certain speed then go? not one car going 60 and the other (T/A) going 80mph

They both take off at the same time, and are supposed to get to XX speed and get next to eachother quickly, then stay like that till the light goes green. It just gets weird cause people will get to the speed as fast as they can or somethin and the other will be slower, then one will have to catch up, then say one tries to brake boost and falls back, it just ends up becoming a mess.

They both take off at the same time, and are supposed to get to XX speed and get next to eachother quickly, then stay like that till the light goes green. It just gets weird cause people will get to the speed as fast as they can or somethin and the other will be slower, then one will have to catch up, then say one tries to brake boost and falls back, it just ends up becoming a mess.

Sounds like the problem of the slower person... Be a better husler.. after all it is RACING.

By now they know which guys play these games for an edge,....otherwise it's really not that hard or bad to line up and punch it when the light triggers... :p