Child friendly spots to watch red white and boom?

Browning

Right off 4th and Lincoln there is the area where the Italian Festival main tent gets setup. Good view of the fireworks over 670 so long as you get the back side of the lot, not near the trees.

Easy access to 670/71 to get out of dodge afterwards.

I have never had any issues at the Downtown Dayton Fireworks and we actually sit on the "other side of the tracks" or the bad side of town right by where they light them off.

Is Columbus really that bad Any spot you go to? If so, is the show worth it? Anyone know what they spend on it and how long it is?

It can be. It's crazy how idiotic folks get when in groups out in public. We watched on broad street right by vets memorial in 2011. It wasn't bad at first, we had a few families around us every one was having a good time. then came a group of 15 or so ghetto teenagers acting a fool thinking they're the shit. Couple families left right when they arrived while a few of us decided to stay. Next thing you know they're getting high and wrestling around. Couple guys asked them nicely to stay in their area after their kids were almost kicked by their ruckus. I wasn't too worried until my pregnant g/f was damn near kicked and they started passing blunts around. Almost got into it with them after that then they moved on. We noticed from a distance about 15 minutes later one in the group got slammed by police and most of thew others were pepper sprayed lol. One could say maybe the g/f shouldn't have been in the ground, but any one who knows women...haha

Also watched a guy get hit in the head with a beer bottle that same night.