meet friday 7/5?

Yasser-Hanbali

Yep, was there until popo made me leave. Then went to Circuit City on Sawmill until it was announced on the scanner that they were headed there to close it down, too.

Wow I did not make it out ended up doing fireworks

But if you guys are going somewhere tonight let me know

Streets closed pizza boy, find another way home!

If anything was ever organized at the hang out for an occasional summer shindig, I'd actually be more inclined to go there. Less ricer activity, although I doubt there would be any at all from CR. Plus CR folk seem more reasonable than the general population of HD, although I mainly talk to CR at HD anyways. Maybe a few of us could get together and decide a place for a new meeting spot, Somewhere like HD, but without ricers....just a thought.

From what I understand, it starts out with mostly just cr people in a new meeting place, then the ricers find it and end up getting it shut down. It would be nice though if we could find a way to keep the ricers out though.

From what I understand, it starts out with mostly just cr people in a new meeting place, then the ricers find it and end up getting it shut down. It would be nice though if we could find a way to keep the ricers out though.

This gets brought up every time a place gets shut down, but for the record if it wasn't for those ricers no place would ever be very regular. Have you ever tried to get very many CR members out every Friday of Saturday night? Not many of us are out that often so you need that big rotating crowd.

Edit: I agree with Scott's post above. He posted while I was still "composing." :)

There is some truth in what you say, but I put the pieces together differently.

I know of at least two times that CR started a weekly meet location with controls on who attended, and each time it died off after a month because of too few people. The last one I know of was at NTB downtown when Dave and Derek were in the management there. http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67641&highlight=ricers

The bigger weekly meets that I'm aware of in the last five years all started with Honda/ricer guys posting on Facebook or on forums, and CR folk trickled-in to watch, because that's where the cars were. There were weekly meets briefly around Brice Rd. I'm not sure what killed that off. Someone from here organized one at the Meijer/Sam's Club on Galloway Road which lasted about a month. I believe Home Depot started this way, too.

Meets that are hard to find or not near a freeway seem to have short lives. Polaris is nearly ideal, except it has pretty close scrutiny by the local police because the meets show up on security cameras which result in the landlord's security people phoning the police. The police who broke up the Circuit City Polaris meets said that nearly anywhere along Polaris Parkway where we go without prior landlord permission would result in a speedy closedown. I believe this was the case with Sonic/Kroger/TJMaxx/BestBuy/Circuit City@Polaris.

Maybe it's time to approach QSL again. It's been about five or six years since that shut down, hasn't it?

I agree with Scott and Doc, by ricers I was referring to those who come and do stupid stuff (i.e. burnouts, revving, just generally driving stupidly in a parking lot). I definitely appreciate the rotation of people keeping the meets going, I just wish the people who cause problems for the rest of us would either grow up and act normal or just not show up.

This gets brought up every time a place gets shut down, but for the record if it wasn't for those ricers no place would ever be very regular. Have you ever tried to get very many CR members out every Friday of Saturday night? Not many of us are out that often so you need that big rotating crowd.

What this man said.

Qsl would be awesome. Seeing as the fiance loves the place, I might actually be allowed out to play lol

Does anyone know why the northwest corner of the parking lot at Marcus Crosswoods (north of Sushiko) stopped being the meetup place? Was it the same old cycle of too much trash, too much ricer stuff, then owners complain to police and everyone got booted? Those were big meets

I think it's cause the lot we used opened a new restaurant there and the restaurant wanted us gone cause we were taking all the parking spots.

We started home depot about five years ago and never had any problems until now. General thought is maybe in a few weeks we can just start going back.

For what it's worth, last time I was at HD, I had enough time to say hi to Doc and left. Mostly because of the 4 dudes dealing drugs and practically sitting on my car. I'd seen enough and I don't neeed to be around that.